Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,762 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,922 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 13 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• Remote Force Disconnect

Hi,

Is there an easy way to "Force Disconnect All" (in case of a Cubase crash) when VEP is on a remote Mac Pro with no monitor? The UI in VEP is non-standard and I can't automate it with Keyboard Maestro or something like that. Do I need to use something like VNC / Apple Remote Desktop or is there a simpler way?

Thanks.

• Anyone? Or could a more standard interface be considered? When bringing VEP to the front, there is no way to make sure the little server window comes to the front (instead of one of the loaded instances), which is needed to make "Force Disconnect All" become available in the File menu.

• Hi Talino, 

I´m afraid there is no easier way to do this in your specific situation, I´d use a screensharing program to do that. 

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hi Paul. Yes, that's what I was doing already, but it's a bit of a hassle, especially with the legendary stability of Cubase. Would it at least be possible to add a standard "Window" menu to instances which would allow selection of the main server window? Or a keyboard shortcut to raise that window? Then the process could at least be automated via KM or AppleScript.

Thank you.

• Hi, 

I´ll see what can be done!

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Great, thank you! Looking forward to it.