Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

188,327 users have contributed to 42,591 threads and 256,456 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 17 new post(s) and 38 new user(s).

• Sibelius Export Audio Problem with El Capitan

I have been usingVEand special editions for years and have been able to export audio through sibelius with no problem. I bought a new Digital Audio Converter, the Zoom TAC-2 and now Audio files are Are screwed up for about the first quarter of the file and then suddenly begins working again... Anyone else experience this?

I just noticed that Sibelius doesn't yet support El Capita . I suppose this could be it too.

Jeff
    MacPro 64GB, 12 core, running El capitan, Sibelius 7.5.1, VE Pro 5 version 5.4.13888, Zoom TAC-2 Thunderbolt Audio Converter

• More Information, Perhaps negating my First Post. This may be an Apple Problem or a Sibelius Problem or a VSL Problem. I Dunno.

I have been using Sibelius with Vienna Symphonic libraries since 2005. Every thing has worked just fine all these years. Until I bought a new 2013 MAC Pro.  To hear some of the Audio files Ive Produced with Sibelius and VSL 

With the current system (see below), playback is perfect and everything works as expected until I try to export audio.

1. A strange black rectangular box appears on screen with no text or symbols (which I've never seen before). This remains on screen for a minute or so. 

2. When it disappears, the Virtual Instruments in Vienna Ensemble Pro begin responding with fits and starts and keeps doing this for half minute or so. 

3. Then, Finally the expected progress bar appears and the instruments begin behaving as expected.

When I play the audio file, the beginning is screwy; Fits and starts for approximately a quarter of the recording then it becomes normal for the rest of the file.

I read on your website that Sibelius is still being tested with El Capitan, so I figured that might explain the problem. But to make sure I tried exporting from the same file on my MAC Mini running the same OS and DAW configuration and it WORKS NORMALLY.

So I believe the problem is related to the MAC Pro. which is:

MAC Pro Late 2013 (running OS X El Capitan V10.11.2 (15C50))
    2.7 GHz 12-core Intel Xeon E5
    64 GB 1866 MNZ DDR3 ECC
    AMD FirePro D700 6144 MB

Please advise

Thanks Very Much

• Hello jlbmuse!

Do you have the same problem with other AU-Instruments as well?
    Could it be that not all patches are loaded (or enabled) that are used in your arrangement when you start the export audio process?

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Hi Andi. No I don't think so, because playback works as it's supposed to. Also I have tried exporting scores that I have exported many times before on other systems (including my Mac mini running El Capitan, which still works). Let me add that I am using all the latest VSL software and libraries. I will try using other au instruments and let you know. Maybe I'll try using Sibelius sounds... BTW are there any differences in AU instruments and VST instruments that may be significant...? Thanks as always for your help, Andi Best Jeff

• Here's a bit more info:

As I said above:

With the current system (New Mac Pro running el capitan), playback is perfect and everything works as expected until I try to export audio. Then, the following happens:

1. A strange black rectangular box appears on screen with no text or symbols (which I've never seen before). This remains on screen for a minute or so. 
    2. When it disappears, the Virtual Instruments in Vienna Ensemble Pro begin responding with fits and starts and keeps doing this for half minute or so. 
    3. Then, finally the expected progress bar appears about 25% done and the instruments begin behaving as expected.

When I play the audio file, the beginning is screwy; Fits and starts for approximately a quarter of the recording then it becomes normal for the rest of the file.

When I export the same file with the same configuartion using my old mac mini (running el capitan) the following happens:

1. A strange black rectangular box appears on screen with no text or symbols (which I've never seen before). This remains on screen a few Seconds.

2. Immediately after this disappears, the progress bar appears as expected and the export goes smoothly, resulting in a good recording.

Jeff 

MAC Pro Late 2013 (running OS X El Capitan V10.11.2 (15C50))
    2.7 GHz 12-core Intel Xeon E5
    64 GB 1866 MNZ DDR3 ECC
    AMD FirePro D700 6144 MB

• Hello Jeff!

I have not seen such a rectangular box or heard about it yet. Could it be that this is a message from a plugin that's loaded inside VE Pro or Sibelius? It's hard to say where the problem comes from, but I don't think that it comes from VE Pro. It seems like some third party plugin or software disturbs the export audio process.

Best,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • I'm also posting on the Sibelius forums about this issue. They say they have seen the black box before and think it's caused by incompatibility with El Capitan. Since export audio works with El Capitan on the Mac Mini (regardless of the Black Box), seems like a Mac Pro related issue... Could you or can I change the subject line on this thread to something more relevant. If others are seeing this issue they may over look this thread because the subject line is out of date. Are there any VSL plugins that would display a message when export audio starts? I use VSL plugins only, in these scores... Thanks for your help, Andi.

• Our plugins wouldn't display a message when exporting audio - at least not that I know of.

I have changed the thread title.

Best,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • After working with Avid support for Sibelius, I think the problem is identified and solved (I hope). It seems that Sibelius, while not needing the audio interface to export audio, seems to be referencing the interface in some way. Because unplugging the new Thunderbolt audio interface Zoom TAC-2, during the export seems to work fine... Thanks for you help Jeff

• ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Notation Programs & Vienna on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Finale on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Dorico on