Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,412 users have contributed to 42,226 threads and 254,785 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 5 new thread(s), 17 new post(s) and 50 new user(s).

• I couldn't say it better than William did, this pieces are worth to be played in live concerts so that much more people could enjoy this music and not only the rather little community of VSL users and people interested in sampled orchestra music.

• Thanks William and MMKA!

Maybe that's one good thing that comes with age ;)))

• last edited
    last edited

....and a 6th demo added for muted violins, and probably the final one from me for this lib.

The Rat (using mainly updated spiccato articulation)

-a little footnote, there is no panning in this piece, it is just various players alternating parts. The rat is moving in different places....

• Mr Bacos I did not know you were active on the forum and truthfully I only know your work from the demos here but just let me say that I am a fan. Your demos, as someone else said, go far beyond being just "demos" and are truly works of art.

For whatever it is worth your original compositions rendered in VSL was the clincher that made me decide to pull the trigger on getting into the VSL library, primarily owing to the fact that they seem to be composed around the strength of the software rather than "cheap imitations" of something composed for live orchestra.

I would give a nut to hear something you have written on VSL which exploits something uniquely unnatural to VSL itself. The individual known as Venetian Snares (no I am not he I wish) on some of his commercial releases sure as hell sounds like he is simultaneously using VSL, trying to break it, and succeeding in the most interesting way possible all at once but sadly seems to have no actual musical talent.

Hearing your skills with his intentions would be some lunacy.

Thanks!

• I mean this has to be VSL right? It SOUNDS like VSL and like nothing else I've ever heard.

• Looks like this piece is made with samples of real recorded performance of classical pieces.

Thanks for sharing, didn't know about this artist. Great discovery.