Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,766 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,923 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 14 new post(s) and 35 new user(s).

• Welcome Dimension Strings II :D '(are there no bundle-savings???)

last edited
    last edited

Great to here, that Dimansion strings II arrived in time to the holydays 😃

But currently they did'nt seem to be part of any bundle.

• should I wait with my order, since you are currently just still working to integrate them for instance the superpackage (which includes Dimension Strings 1 as well as Dimension BRass I+II) ? or
    • Is there no hope for further reduction for Superpackage-owners because you will give no additional bundle-saving while the Introduction offer?

As far as I remember right there were bundle savings plus Introduction offer when Dimension Brass were relased. I hope you will do it likewise with Dimension Strings 2

best

fahl5

• last edited
    last edited

Hi fahl5,

Thanks for sharing your enthusiasm about our new Vienna Dimension Strings II!
    We're indeed happy that we were able to release the muted violin section well in time so that our users can take avantage of the Holidays to play around with these new samples.

As for your question on bundles: You're right, Vienna Dimension Strings II won’t be included in any bundle during its introductory period - with our Early Bird Offer, its price is only EUR 445 instead of the list price of EUR 695, which we believe is a fair offer. After its completion, it will be included in our product bundles.

So all in all, if you're interested in the Vienna Dimension Strings II, I'd think about getting it now, as I don't see a reason to wait until it's included in our bundles.

Best,
    Stefan

• The Sample content matches up with the Standard DS1 library. Will there be an Extended DS2 library in the future?

Dorico, Notion, Sibelius, StudioOne, Cubase, Staffpad VE Pro, Synchon, VI, Kontakt Win11 x64, 64GB RAM, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, August Forster 190
  • Hello!

When does the early bird offer for Dimension Strings II expire?

Thank you!

• At least the size of the sordino-II-Editions of the Solo, Chamber or Appasionatastrings all range about 30-50% of the non-sordino-I-Editions of Solo, Chamber or Appasionata Strings.

• The System requirements of Dimension Strings I demands "175,8 GB free hard drive space"
    • The System requirements of Dimension Strings II demands "17,7 GB free hard drive space"

Am I right to think that this is just for the - standard or extended? (Good question Bill!) - Violinpatches wich are already available now, but has nothing at all to do with for the complete Dimension Strings II when they will be completed in 2016?

• last edited
    last edited

Hello Bill, 

There will always be more from us 😊, but the Extended Library is not scheduled yet. So much work to do!

@vesidrag: That depends on the progress we make with the other sections. It will be announced via Newsletter. 

@fahl5: Please check out the Sample Content Page of Dimension Strings II.

Best,
    Paul 

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

@fahl5: Please check out the Sample Content Page of Dimension Strings II.

Sorry, but I am just to stupid for that hint. I only find there a list of Violinarticulation, which are presumably those one can download already now..

So here is again my question:

Is the "17,7 GB free hard drive space" the size one needs

a) for the entire Dimension Strings II library, or

b) only for the Violin-Articulations available now. 

Or to become even more concrete: I would like to know how I just have to manage the storage of my system to add another 17 GB of Samplecontent, or if for the whole Library I would be forced to expand the amount of available SSD-Storage for much more Samplecontent

In this respect it would be not that bad to know if the whole thing would be not more than 17.7GB or if I must expect for the whole thing to need further 60-80 GB?

I was and still am not quite sure, and therefore was and still am looking for a simple yes or no.

best

fahl5

• Hi fahl5, 

The answer is b), there is MUCH more to come. 

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • last edited
    last edited

Thats VSL 😃

BTW:

Dear VSL....

Since I hope and I am sure that VSL will continue to push orchestral-samplelibraries far beyond everything else ever would reach on the market. I feel with every addition more the need to talk with those responsible for the concept and structure of the available samplellibraries to get rid of the concept of million different patches in lots of different "libraries" and the more and more endless search for the right patch for a certain note towards a musical much more reasonable and smarter organisation of contextrelated musical decisions by the user about  how something should be played.

I already made in the last years in hunderds of sometimes large and demanding projects good expirences with combinations of large Presets, concentrated Expressionmaps controled quite detailed via midi CC's wich let me think there must be much smarter ways to handle the very large varieties of an outstanding samplelibrary like VSL, than searching plenty of different libraries.

For the moment those Experiments still make me with every new addition of vsl-samplesets some quite tedious preparation work of organisation of the samples and patches necessary wich I in general think VSL could and should do for their users not only to make their handling easier, but at the same time to make the already existing variety of samples much more powerful to use.

But however it would lead to far to discuss the concrete details here, as I also would prefer to discuss this with the responsible VSL guys in german to avoid misunderstandings. I  would be glad, if you could point the right guys on my profile to come in contact about that.

best

fahl5