Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,766 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,923 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 14 new post(s) and 35 new user(s).

• can't find the slave in el capitan & finale 2014.5

Hi,

I'm trying to do a setup with one master (mac pro) and a slave (mac mini) in El Capitan, but the master can't find the slave. It worked find in Maverick. I'm using Finale 2014.5. Any suggestion where i can begin to check?

thanks

• Hello livinroom!

Please make sure to have the same Vienna Ensemble Pro version installed on both computers and that Vienna Ensemble Pro Server is indeed running on your slave computer, before trying to connect.
    http://www.vsl.co.at/en/MyDownloads/Software_Installers

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Hi Andy,

Yes, I have the latest version of VEP on both computers. 5.4.13888. but still won't work.

• Then I would try to deactivate any firewalls and antivirus software temporarily and see, if the VEP Server can be found then.

Best,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Hi,

i have no antivirusprogram and i had no firewall activated, still no connection between master and slave in VEP.
    I do see the the slave in finder. 

• That's odd. Can you write down every step you have made when trying to connect the VE Pro Server Interface on the master to the VE Pro Server on the slave? Some screenshots might also be of help. You can send your files to support@vsl.co.at

Best,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • I have this problem in elcapitan too. What to do? (I'm using Cubase 5). I can connect if I type the address manually, but it is uncomfortable.

• @ Livinroom

Check you don't have Little Snitch installed.

DG

• last edited
    last edited

@Konstantin said:

I have this problem in elcapitan too. What to do? (I'm using Cubase 5). I can connect if I type the address manually, but it is uncomfortable.

Make sure you are using fixed IP.

DG

• last edited
    last edited

@DG said:

@ Livinroom

Check you don't have Little Snitch installed.

DG

The problems of the new OS. Sometimes master finds the slave computer but for this need some time (10-30sec).

Now I must to disable the firewall in preferences, because 'allowing" does not work.

• ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Notation Programs & Vienna on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Finale on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Dorico on