Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,766 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,923 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 14 new post(s) and 35 new user(s).

• Sibelius 7.5 and Vienna Ensemble 5.4 Issue (not pro)

Hi everyone. I have Sibelius 7.5 and am trying to load my Vienna Ensemble sounds into it. I do not have the pro version. I've downloaded the soundsets, created a new active device which I then select Vienna Ensemble, select a matching soundset (in this case in this score, its a wind octet, so I select winds and brass), and I am getting no sound. Can someone please explain what step I am missing? Its been an incredibly frustrating 2 hours figuring this out as all the forums on this that I have seen only talk about Vienna Ensemble Pro and not just the regular Vienna Ensemble. Many thanks!

• Hello Aaron!

I have seen in our records that you have registered the Special Edition volumes 1 and 2. To use these libraries, please load the sound set "VE Special Edition" and in Vienna Ensemble the VI presets that are listed under PRESET/Sibelius/Special Edition 5.2. More detailed instructions can be found in the "Optimizing Sibelius Playback" manual.
    http://www.vsl.co.at/en/MyDownloads/Notation_Related

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Notation Programs & Vienna on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Finale on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Dorico on