Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

188,328 users have contributed to 42,591 threads and 256,456 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 15 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• Vienna ensemble and Finale

Hi,

I usually work with Finale and VE. 

Anyway, since I'm working with Finale 2014 (or 2014.5), I haven't been able to save a file as aiff or wave correctly (please see attached file).

I have to use Finale 2012 to do it.

We've been writting with Finale Technical support for one or two weeks, and no solution hasn't been found until now.

If anybody had a idea, I would be very happy to know it.

• Hello Spipprod!

Did this problem also occur with Finale 2014 or only since updating to 2014.5?
    Did you export an audio file from the Finale menu or did you record the output of Finale during playback?
    If you want me to take a closer look at the problem, please send your Finale file to support@vsl.co.at.

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Hi.

I am new to the use of VE with Finale (2014.5). Can you point me to a good tutorial or video that will help me make this work? I have full VSL libraries (not SE). Most specifically I want to get a string quartet I'm working on to play back using solo strings.

Thanks

Paul

• Hello Paul!

In order to use our Instrument collections with Finale, I recommend adding keyswitches and control changes to your score with the help of the keyswitch dump file we have prepared for our Finale users. This file can be downloaded here:
    http://www.vsl.co.at/en/MyDownloads/Notation_Related

It comes with a pdf file with instructions.

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Thanks, Andi.

I had already installed the Keyswitch Dump file and have been successful in opening it within Finale using the Expressions tool. That is fine. What I don't understand is how to set up my Vienna Ensemble. I looked for the tutorials that you mentioned, but the only ones listed pertain to Sibelius. I know there is a manual and I will look through that, but a tutorial would be helpful (Vienna Ensemble only, not Pro version).

I'm usually pretty software savvy but this has me stumped.

Thanks,

Paul

• Hello Paul!

I'm sorry to say that there is no tutorial for for including Vienna Ensemble in Finale. I ment the pdf file that came with your keyswitch dump file download.
    Anyway, all you have to do is add Vienna Ensemble in the menu MIDI/Audio/AU Banks & Effects. Also make sure that Play Finale through AU is selected. Then add your instruments in Vienna Ensemble and set up the same MIDI channel numbers as in the Finale Score Manager.

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Notation Programs & Vienna on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Finale on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Dorico on