Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,087 users have contributed to 42,705 threads and 256,979 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 39 new post(s) and 34 new user(s).

• No connections from Vienna Ensemble Pro into logic Pro X

I'm new to Vienna Ensemble pro 5.   My DAW is Logic Pro X.  

I've been trying to get VEP5 to "Connect" with logic but on loadup, it doesn't show me any available instances.   Any ideas?   Just downloaded this a week ago.   No luck getting it to run yet.

• Hi SVN, 

Looks like you opened the VE PRO Standalone version.... Please open the Vienna Ensemble Pro SERVER, this is the application that the VE PRO SERVER INTERFACE (the plug-in) needs to connect to. 

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Thanks so much!   The Server worked and I'm able to get a connection.   Still confused though.   I have offloaded two instances of maschine 2 to VEP5 but Logic pro X still shifts all of the cores to a single core when it goes into live mode.  In fact, it's even worse than before.   I know that this is supposed to offset core usage and disperse it better.   I have a 6 core 3.3 ghz Mac Pro (2014 model).   Any ideas?   the rest of my logic template uses a good bit of routing but it shouldnt make it worse :-(

I will solve this!    Also, it seems that I don't need to use the logic I/O utility to get sound to work (I saw this in a vieo on youtube).   Because I'm not using it, would that cause the issue?   Is there a video for setup with logic pro X and VEP5? Thanks again

• last edited
    last edited

Hi SVN,

Yes, that´s how Logic operates, only one core for the live mode (all mentioned in the VE PRO 5 manual, with quite some Logic-specific hints).

The I/O Utility is only necessary when using Audio/Event Input plug-ins.

Best,
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL