Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,755 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,921 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 16 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• Extra keyboard advice please.

Hi. I have a Kawai VPC1 for all piano work (great keyboard by the way!) but I am looking to buy a small keyboard with after touch for my VSL libraries. Can anyone recommend one to add to my set up. 49 or 61 will be fine. I don't need the full 88keys as I already have the VPC1. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. John

• Arturia's Keylab series offers good action, aftertouch and plenty of controls.

As an already (fortunate) VPC1 owner you can even consider adding
    a keyboardless desktop controller to send/tweak MIDI messages eg. Novation SL MkII ZeRO,
    Behringer X Touch and alike.

Hope it helps.

PS I'm in love with surface feel of Kawai keys.

VI Special Edition 1-3, Reaper, MuseScore 3, Notion 3 (collecting dust), vst flotsam and jetsam
  • Cheers Fabio. I think I'll go down the separate keyboard route. The Arturia's look great - it would be good to have a set of keys with a different feel to the 'grand piano' feel of the Kawai. Thanks again.

• HI

I am very interested in the Komplete Kontrol of NI 

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/keyboards/komplete-kontrol-s-series/

The problem is that VSL needs to make there VI compatible to it, to send controls fields and keyswtitces field to the   keyboard.

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" - 1 x 27" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D Dolby Atmos --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic --- Studio equipped in Dolby Atmos 7.1.2
  • Plese delete this I can't get rid of all of the HTML garbage that was added

Komplete Kontrol keyboard looks like it could be very useful if it could be integrated to work with VI/ VI Pro