Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,089 users have contributed to 42,706 threads and 256,980 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 40 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• VEP 5 in Slave Computer Stutter, Cracks

Main Computer:

iMac OSX 10.10.3

Procesor: 3.1 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory 16 GB

Slave Computer:

Mac Mini OSX 10.10.5

Processor 2.6 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory 8 GB

Ethernet connection Cat 5e

DAW Pro Tools 12

I finally was able to use VEP from my slave computer. However, the sound stutter and it's really hard to record anything while the sound cracks and make the session slow. I thought the problem was all the instruments I had loaded but then I closed all instruments and  I tried using just ONE single instrument from East West Library and it sounds the same. 

I've changed the VEP buffer size, Pro Tools buffer size, etc. When I open the VEP from the main computer there's no problem.

What could solve this?

Thanks

Erick

• How are they connected ?

What are there IP setting  ?

• They are connected via ethernet cable .

Please look at the screen shots for network set up. 

Main Computer and Slave Computer respectively:

• You should disable WIFI

then you set your slave to "DHCP"

Note down the figures

put it back to "manually"

and fill in value noted 

• I guess the connection that I had was only through WIFI. I realize that when I desable WIFI I no longer find the slave computer in my Pro Tools session. No wonder it's been slow. The Ethernet says it is connected according to the  Network preferences. However, VEP doesn't communicate between computers. 

Any other thoughts?

Thanks again.

Erick

• Did you do what I said with DHCP ?

• set your slave to "DHCP"
    • Note down the figures
    • put it back to "manually"
    • and fill in value noted 

• I applied the procedure and got the

IP Adress 169.254.212.88

Subnet Mask 255.255.0.0 slightly different from the previous. 

I changed back to manually and filled in those numbers. 

The Main computer connects with the Slave as far as screen sharing and remote control but no VEP. 

I activated WIFI in the Slave just to check and with it both connect. Deactivated WIFI in the Slave and no VEP connection. 

Still trying to find a solution

Erick

• when you have done this you must connect manually to set it ; after it your work

Can you do the DHCP procedure on the master too

• I tried but there's no connection between computers.

• Hello Erick,

I have also replied to your support request by email.

Your settings actually look fine from here (except of course that WiFi is active on both machines...)

Have you by any chance installed network utilities like Little Snitch or any 2c plug-ins? These are actually known to sometimes interfere with VE Pro connections!

And please make sure you have checked "Advertise on local network" in the VE Pro Server Preferences on your slave!

You mention somewhere that a router is involved as well - is it´s IP address part of the same network? (i.e. 10.0.1.x)

Have you tried deactivating all eventual firewalls?

Best, Marnix