Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,546 users have contributed to 42,237 threads and 254,839 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 18 new post(s) and 43 new user(s).

• I don't see the Human Playbak in Vienna Instrument, neither in Finale. In the first place, this is what I was trying to share with you: No indication for it in the route you suggested. MIDI/Audio/Human Playback/Human Playback..." I have all GARITTAN but not VSL.

OK, please, let's go back: I placed the Ketswitch as descrived. Please look in the attached image. Is it the correct .lib file? Is it in the correct place?

If the answer is YES, we can go on and learn why it does not in the Finale. 

Best Yishai

• You should probably move it to the Libraries folder. 

Then open an file and in the File menu you'll see "Import Library....".  Click that and browse to the VSL Keyswitch library, open that and it will show up as an additional category in your test expression tool (mf). 

• Thanks Steve, I believe I have it. Please, look in the attached copy of the Finale Expressions/Keyswithch. Is it to work VSL out? However, as Andi suggests I am looking for the articulation of VSL in Finale. Is there any other file I should download. Also, is there a "map" with the Keyswitch against discription. Or, how should I know what each one does?

Thanks

• last edited
    last edited

Yes you've got the keyswitch dump expressions and could use them if you wanted. These are intended to be used with non-SE patches or could be used with SE Plus where the HP preferences won't change articulations.

So here's a sort of step by step for importing the HP preferences. keep in mind it won't change the articulation library whatsoever. It simply gives you a set of Human Playback Preferences that interpret the articulations and text expressions so they're specific to VSL SE. So here we go....

Assume you've downloaded the Preference file from MyVSL. You'll use the 2014 file but I'm using Finale 2012 so I have a different preference file. At any rate the same process.

1. Navigate to HP Preferences.....

2. Import the preferences by clicking on Import.....

3. Select the file from MyVSL and click Open.....

4. Select newly imported preferences from Preference Sets management dropdown..

That should be it. Experiment and see if it works for you. Just start with one staff and add some articulations and some slurs and watch the sounds change in the VI player.

• Thank you very much Steve,

I like your step-by-step and it looks now I can manage the Human playback. However, I do not find the HP preferences file in myVSL. Also, your window -Human Playback preferences: "Default prefs" shows IMPORT. (Probably MAC) In my window I don't see IMPORT (I see only DUPLICATE; DELETE; DEFAULT. I attached PrintScreen)

So first of all I need to download the file from VSL. Could you guide me step-by-step where the file is to be downloaded?

Yishai Knoll; Windows 7 home addition, Finale 2014. VSL SE

• Hello Yishai!

With the Finale 2014 Human Playback Preferences file for the Special Edition comes a readme file with detailed instructions on how to use it. Simply follow these instructions.

Best,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Thanks Andi, As I wrote to Steve; I don't find the file in VSL (Finale 2014 Human Playback Preferences), Could you direct me to the download, step by step?

Yishai

• Hello Yishai!

I have posted the link in my first reply. Here it is once again:
    http://www.vsl.co.at/en/MyDownloads/Notation_Related

It's called
    Finale 2014: Human Playback Preferences for Special Edition Vol 1–4, v. 1.0

Download the file.
    Unzip it.
    Open the readme file.
    Follow the instructions.

Best,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • last edited
    last edited

Hi Andy, I have already made it before, but, again, it is the Keyswitch only. (I copied it and pasted below). I do not see the Finale 2014: Human Playback Preferences for Special Edition Vol 1–4, v. 1.0 as you suggested. Could you help me in reaching to this file? I believe it is in another link.

Set filters to display selected categories of your download items.

Software Installers
    Software Manuals
    Software Archive

Library Downloads
    Library Manuals
    Library Updates

Notation related
    Tutorials/Templates
    Personal Files

2 resultsData SizeDate
    Notation related
    Sibelius: Optimizing Sibelius Playback with Vienna Ensemble v2.7 (pdf) 893.6 KB 2015-01-21 00:00
    Finale 2009 – 2014: Keyswitch Dump for all VSL libraries 20.9 KB 2013-11-07 06:52

• That's very strange.  Andi's link takes me right to the following page.  The 6th file down is the one you want.  Also keep in mind my instructions don't exactly apply to 2014 as I read the 2014 instructions.  It's actually easier with 2014.  Anyway I think you'll be in good shape once you're able to download this file. 

• Yes Steve, It is! I tried to refresh the page, to open in the Explorer (I work with Chrome), to look for this in Google; nothing shows but 2 results. If the same address gives deferent results on 2 computers - I think something wrong in the VSL website. Do you know someone I can place this issue within the VSL staff? Or maybe  you can send me this file by email? Is it permitted? Do you have a direct telephone to VSL whare I can speek to someone? 

(Is it possible that in MAC is not the same as in PC?)

Thank you,

Yishai

• I think I would send an email to support and they can probably send it to you directly.  That is very strange that you can't see that file. 

• Hi Steve, I tried the link in my laptop as well and the result is the same; please look in the attched printscreen.

Please, try hard to have the file (Finale 2014: Human Playback Preferences for Special Edition Vol 1–4, v. 1.0) and email to me. yishai01@gmail.com 

Thanks again,

Yishai

• Hello Yishai!

I have seen in our records that you have registered your Special Edition 1 with a different account than the one you are posting with now. Please log in with the account you have registered your product with and you will be able to see the Finale 2014 Human Playback Preferences for the Special Edition.

Best,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • ooooi, if this is the only reason we went all over the communication, and VSL could not tell this in the first place?

However, I don't remember what was my email and password back in 2012! I have tried some but could not log in.

What is your solution? I will do everything neccessary!

Thanks

Yishai

• Hell Yishai!

You have mentioned that the Human Playback Preferences download file doesn't appear for you only yesterday. There was no indication for me what was your actual problem before that. Anyway, I have sent you a mail with the e-mail address you have registered your product with and what is the next step for you.

Best,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Thanks Andi,

I am not blaming you. It is an internet issue. I was just thinking that VSL should let me know in advance, automatically, that I should login with my original details, and being aware of the problems if not.

I am going now to change password and let you know if I could  see the required file. However, thank you very much for your help. You helped me very much. 

Best regards,

Yishai

• Hi Andi,

It works!!! I have now the Vienna Instruments in Finale Human Playback Preferences! Great, and thank you again.

Does it mean that I have to work with Vienna Instrument (VI)? Up to now I use to work with Vienna Ensamble (VE). Does it mean that I have a separate VI per voice (One for Violin, One for Viola...Etc.)?

I hope you are not angry on me. It is the first peace I try to produce and never before use VE/VI, but to help myself in composition. I am an awarded composer in Israel, but don't play any instrument. Every composition of mine is only by ears (Some of them in my YouTube Channel yishaimusica - Google finds me easily). I approached now a sort of popular music, and I have an urgency timing to complete the Strings for recording with the Vocalist. So, probably I have been sound somewhat impatient. Sorry for that.

Steve, Thank you as well. 

Best regards,

Yishai

• You'll use VE with Finale. 

• Hi Yishai!

Don't worry. Everything's fine. :-)
    As Steve mentioned, you will use Vienna Ensemble with Finale. In Vienna Ensemble you add one VI for every instrument of your score. If you have instruments with more than one voice, you can (but don't have to) have them on two different channels.

Best,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Notation Programs & Vienna on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Finale on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Dorico on