Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,385 users have contributed to 42,223 threads and 254,774 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 15 new post(s) and 44 new user(s).

• I am one of those 'good' keyboard players. However, whenever I play in my melodies into the MIDI editor I am finding that most of the notes' velocities have to be (sometimes drastically) recalibrated. It's a fact of life, so lately I am playing things in more sparingly. True, dynamics and other automation can apparently be more realistic in this manner. However, personally, based on experience, I record automation after editing velocities and positioning of notes on tracks.

Guy, thanks for the input. I'll try to do more of what you're proposing. If it works for you, it should for me too.

Cheers, John.

• I hear you! I also use Cubase. Will try the swing feature. I play no instrument at all... Actually, my ear can't even pick of if something is out of tune or other things that experienced Orchestral musicians pick up (so the tuning humanization is hard for me to judge), so I have to rely on others opinion on this. Since I am visual artist more by nature (I also oil paint), the midi editor was truly liberating for me as I can visualize melodies in what seems more natural to me.

Yeap it's shocking, and strangely enough it's what makes me happy for the day! [:D]

• I've used different methods to humanize, that doesn't matter, but what's important is dosing it just right. You put too much salt in the salad, it's not good anymore.

• Had some requests for this, although it's nothing complex, I'd thought I'd share the score.

[url=

• Thank you for sharing the score!