Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,464 users have contributed to 42,300 threads and 255,080 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 10 new post(s) and 50 new user(s).

• Remote VEPro losing scripts from Cinesamples instruments on reload of sequences

I'm running a machine with the full compliment of CinePerc, hosted in VE Pro.  For a while I was running everything unpreserved and not decoupled. It took forever for sessions to load switch and save.  Switching to preserve and decoupled has greatly improved the speed with which sessions load. However, after I load each new session in my sequencer, the VEPro hosting the CinePerc (different machine) somehow corrupts the instruments.  It seems as if there is some weird ASDR setting that gets out of whack.  The problem is solved by reloading the multis on the CinePerc machine. But I'm having to do this EVERY TIME I switch to a new cue or song.  Very aggrivating.

I contacted Cinesamples about the issue and they said the following

"I don't know the differences of how VEPro handles loading Kontakt instruments whether it's in "decoupled" mode or not. To get an in depth explanation of this, please contact the VEPro support team. I will say, however, that VEPro sometimes does not fully initialize Kontakt scripts in certain circumstances. One possible reason that you may be getting what you refer to as 'ADSR' issues is because the Attack and Release is implemented in the script and not the patch. It's possible that VEPro is not initializing the script fully or properly in whatever initialization modes you have selected. I would suggesting either getting in touch with the VEPro support team regarding this issue or switching your VEPro settings back to the way they were when CinePerc was initializing properly."

So somewhat passing the buck but I believe the iossue is probably in how VEPro is loading their particular brand of script.  I have other perc hosted in these same multis that remain fine. It is only the CinePerc which as the issue.

I would love to know if anyone else is having this issue or has found a work around.

Michael John Mollo

vgm@me.com