Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,849 users have contributed to 42,261 threads and 254,934 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 0 new thread(s), 5 new post(s) and 40 new user(s).

• Sadly I don't own Vienna Suite, but I do have other reverbs and mixing plugins. Dimension Strings is the first thing that came to my mind when it comes to MIR (limit will be reached quickly). I may just go ahead with it. We'll see. I think $1000+ for a reverb is just too much. But again, you could argue, it's not only a reverb and it's the best you can get... [:)]

• You could also hold out until you save up for MIR Pro by grouping instruments together.  Group the DS instruments in pairs with one panned to the left and the other to the right, then put those through MIR.  Group a solo flute into the same track as the flute ensemble with the solo panned center and a narrower stereo field, etc.  I had to do that for a while when I was still using 24.

• My plan is to use MIRx and MIR Pro 24 together. DS needs thirty-two spaces, so I still need MIRx. I only bought MP24 a few days ago, but so far the combination is working well. The extra flexibility is the main reason I bought MP24, but I don't need it for the entire orchestra, as I find the MIRx settings are satisfactory for many instruments. I love the smaller Konzerthaus venues, but I probably wouldn't put a full orchestra in those, so I find MP24 is enough for those.