Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,517 users have contributed to 42,236 threads and 254,833 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 5 new thread(s), 23 new post(s) and 41 new user(s).

• Congratulations! AWESOME! Downloading as I write!! Looking forward to using them!!! :) :) :)

• last edited
    last edited

Hello Paul

@Paul said:

You don´t need to delete the preview basses, and the data of the full version will be added to the Directory Manager automatically upon installation (like with all our products). 

Yes but now I have twice the same patch and sample: for example 01 DB-P1_RE_staccato is under 004 Dimension Basses Prv and also under

Dimension Basses.Why to have both samples on harddisk ( SSD are expensive😉 ) ? will old music project not find the samples if we delete the prv Version

Best regards

Dup

• You can delete the preview if you want, but you'll have to load the new patches into your old projects.

• last edited
    last edited

@Another User said:

You can delete the preview if you want, but you'll have to load the new patches into your old projects.

...bad news! did you try it ?

what's happen when Vi doesn't find the samples/path on loading : ask for a new path? for a new *.dat?

so 2,37 Gb as double?

Thanks for your answer

Dup

• Hi,

this will be fixed with the next update of VI/VI Pro, so that you can also load older projects. 

Thanks for your patience.

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Great to hear you and thanks for this beautiful library (as usual)

Dup

• I'm unable to install them. I downloaded the files to another computer copied them, and ran the Library Installer. When I try to install - to ANY directory - I get an error - "Cannot install to source directory - Please choose a different destination folder." This happens no matter where the source files reside or what destination folder is selected. John Melcher

• Am I missing an articulation, or misunderstanding the samples?

On the newly available Double basses I have 4 articulations shown as missing, when I select "Player 1-4" or "Player 2-4" upon loading the Preset:  Sibelius-Strings 2.9 (the latest) - Dimension Basses - VI Pro - Sib_DimBs_All_Pro.  My missing articulations, shown in Technicolor Red on the top row of the matrix display, are:

01 DB-P1_RE-staccato

11 DB-P1_RE_sus_Vib

31 DB-P1_RE_tremolo

21 DB-P1_RE_pizz

When I click on the third row down, which is greyed out until I click on individual matrices  (which row has the exact same list of articulations as the top row), all the all the articulations mentioned above show as present and work!

The missing, red, articulations are all on the top row of the matrix box in the center of VI Pro.

A glitch, maybe?

Steve

• I wonder if this could be related to something I noticed - I was transferring the successfully installed basses to a different drive, and Windows 7 kept telling me it could not copy data file 30.  I have auditioned only a few of the articulations and they sound fine so far, but wonder if something is wrong with that one file.  If I look at the .dat files now installed, they are all there except for 30. 

• It's interesting that these are the articulations of the preview set.

• Hi, 

New versions of VI and VI PRO are on the way, will be uploaded tomorrow. These should fix all compatibility troubles with the Preview basses (and replace the articulations that were previously loaded from the PREVIEW basses with the ones contained in the Full Download). 

Best, 

Paul

• Hello Paul

What I had happen was from the full set of Dimension basses.  I double checked and Windows refuses to copy .dat30.   I originally installed them from the full downloaded cab files.  Then I decided to change their location from one computer to another.  So I tried copying the .dat files (since the cab files were deleted)  to the other computer.  When I do this, all files are copied except for .dat30.  If I retry that one, windows says it cannot copy it. 

I am getting the uneasy feeling I will have to download again... unfortunately this is the only group of Dimension strings that I don't have the installer files for.  Is it possible to download just that .dat30 file? 

• Hi William, 

Just sent you an email!

Best,

Paul

• As for my "Technicolor Red" missing samples, fortunately I maintain backups!  I restored from backup the Basses-prv files that were initially issued until the final version (just released) of Double Basses became available.  I had deleted them, as VSL said this would be okay to do if I had not used the samples in a prior composition.  Not having done so, I removed the Basses-prv files from the Dimension Strings folder, taking care to save a backup!  Today I then ran VSL Directory Manager program so that the newly added files would be recognized, and started up!  Problem solved!  I did have to reload the Strings 2.9 preset to get all matrix choices for Basses, as only P1 was initially shown after I had restored the prv files.  Reloading the Preset for Strings restroed the full range on choices -- Player 1-4, Desk 1, P1 - 4 divisi, etc.

However, AFTER the new version of VI Pro is releasd, Paul, will it THEN be okay to remove the old prv files?

Steve

• last edited
    last edited

Hello Steve,

Just uploaded new versions of VI and VI PRO. You can erase the Preview files now, the articulations will be automatically replaced.

Best,

Paul

• Paul

Thanks for the fix and the info about the prv files originally issued.

Steve

•  Paul,

Thanks again for your speedy help!

Best,

Bill Kersten