Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,133 users have contributed to 42,275 threads and 254,984 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 7 new post(s) and 45 new user(s).

• Hi Andi!

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for your response. I am curious, was the solution offered in the Optimizing Sib Playback Doc pre-VIPro 2? Because the solution I suggested above (using Sequence Map) works 100% of the time without any further editing. Please forgive me for this criticism, but having to edit every single pre-legato note using the inspector is just far too difficult and time consuming to be practical, and changing the interval threshold just doesn't really work. I understand that this really is Sibelius's fault for making such a clunky note editing system. It's too bad because as a notation program Sibelius is pretty awesome. Perhaps VI (non-pro) can also include Sequence Map as a feature, and the definitons can be reworked so that everyone can do this. I can't imagine the hell you went through trying to work with Sibelius's incredibly complex playback dictionary.

Thanks again for your time, and best for 2015.

MOH

• Hello MOH!

Although using the Sequencer Map option is a good idea, it will most likely not be used for future updates. This would demand completely new presets and sound sets only for VI PRO, which would be way too laborious. Apart from that it would confuse lots of customers who would have to choose between VI and VI Pro sound sets then. Also long notes would always be followed by a start note by design, which is not wanted.

Best,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library