Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,446 users have contributed to 42,227 threads and 254,798 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 19 new post(s) and 49 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@William said:

Isn't Cyril saying that if you have Play working separately, and VE Pro working, then unless you are trying to use Play with MIR it is not necessary to use Play as a plugin because that would be redundant? 

That makes sense to me, though I just use Play separately on another slave since it is somewhat difficult to deal with.

Hi William

Thanks for your support

In my setup I have QLSC (Play) in Logic and I send the audio result to VEP/MIR( in 5.1)

I do the same for Omnisphere and K5 😉

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • last edited
    last edited

@Errikos said:

dedicate a separate project to the choirs and effect/filter/mix them there (except for reverb), and then import the results as audio files.

That is what I've ended up doing out of pure fear of causing a nuclear detonation on my street by trying to use Play and VEPro simultaneously.

• last edited
    last edited

@William said:

Isn't Cyril saying that if you have Play working separately, and VE Pro working, then unless you are trying to use Play with MIR it is not necessary to use Play as a plugin because that would be redundant? 

That makes sense to me, though I just use Play separately on another slave since it is somewhat difficult to deal with.

I believe he has said more than once now that he uses Play strictly as a plugin in Logic because the only reason to use it in VE Pro is to use MIR Pro.
    I think your understanding is the opposite of what he has said.

"1 ) Play in Daw

Logic or other DAW  -->> Play --> Logic --> amplifier

2) Play in VEP

Logic or other DAW  -->> VEP -->> Play--> VEP/MIR --> Logic --> amplifier

How can you say there not a level !"

and:
    "It is a non sense to host "Play" in VEP if you are not using MIR, because you add a level."

To host
    Play in VEP, is somehow 'a non sense' but one supposes to host Vienna Instruments in VEP is a sense.

I've seen this stated enough times to believe I understand it. So, it looks like a misunderstanding of the whole raison d'etre of VE Pro. VE hosted only VSL (and on OSX the Apple AU developer FX). VE Pro was developed to_host_third_party_plugins. But these ["Play, Kontakt 5, Omnisphere"] hosted in VE Pro is "a non sense" because 'you add a level'. It's pretty goofy.

• I think if I simply had to use EWQL Symphonic Choirs I would not mix that lib. with an otherwise busy project but dedicate a whole level of the project to it. EWQL is enough of a PITA period for me to look for other ways to skin that particular cat. It is definitely something I would commit to audio and send that as audio input to MIR Pro; again here is a layer of a project.

But my [certainly lighter] use of a library in Play is, other than the seriously slower loading, not unlike using Kontakt in VE Pro. Using MIR Pro has naught to do with hosting it in VE Pro making sense per se.

• VEP shares the memory of it's VI ; I doubt it will whare the memory  of it's K5, Omnisphere and others

The other advantage of using Play in Logic and to send audion to VE/MIR is that it will use load of the processors not used to send midi to VE

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • I don't know what this means 'shares the memory of its VI'; but it seems to further show that you have a belief about Vienna Instruments as the proper use of VE Pro while other plugins are 'a non sense'. It is true that you can, through VE Pro learn and optimize the memory of Vienna Instruments but not third-party. To extend this to believing one ought not use third party instruments in it is a non-sequitur. The point of using instruments in VE Pro rather than in the DAW is they perform better, being in a different process. Look it up, ask around, something. 

You can do what you like but you are inflicting this misleading idea on the forum.

I don't see any advantage there per se, as you are almost certainly using more resources to do an audio input than you would to host it in VE Pro. Maybe there is something so botched with Logic's handling of cores? Who knows what's true for you and why, since what you are articulating conveys nothing of it, but this nonsense. Sending MIDI to VE Pro is that much of a load? Vs. sending audio? You're simply wrong. Everything you say seems to be illogical, based strictly in your strange beliefs.

• If you dont know whay it means to share memory, I dont need to discuss with you anymore.

You have a lack of knowledge !

• For your information it is less cpu intensive to treat an audio flow than a midi  flow

So you dont die i... : If in a same VE  you have Violon I and Violon II when you load Violon II you do not load the samples in memory, you just load the settings. Violon II will uses the same samples than Violin II, same for all the instruments, when you have 4 x French horns the samples will be loads once !

You see some times it is better to keep your mouth shut when you do not know fully the subjet you are talking about

another rule for VI, it is less CPU intensive to have then in a VE than in Logic because of VE. The Problem in Logic with VE is that all midi flow is treated on one CPU. So if you have other plug-ns they will be treated with another CPU