Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,458 users have contributed to 42,228 threads and 254,804 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 19 new post(s) and 47 new user(s).

• Has anybody tried the newest version of Kontakt (v 5.4.1)? Does that improve the CPU spiking issues? I'm working on several projects right now and can't afford downtime if something goes wrong. 

Edouard

• I should provide an update:

Ever since I updated from Mountain Lion to Mavericks, Kontakt 5.3.1 now works perfectly. So I'm hesitant to upgrade to 5.4.1 ;) I didn't even know it was out! I guess I can always easily downgrade to 5.3.1 in case there are problems. Thanks for the heads-up.

• Hi, Just thought I would try Kontakt 5.4.3 to see if crackles are gone and because of newer library requirements. The crackles are there. Was just in K 5.3.0 and no crackles. Noticing it on LASS v1.5 (I think)

OSX 10.8.5

VEP 5.4.13715

Kontakt 5.3.0 no audio glitches

Kontakt 5.4.3 audio glitches

Model Identifier: MacPro5,1

Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Xeon

Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz

Number of Processors: 2

Memory: 48 GB

• last edited
    last edited

@MDesigner said:

I should provide an update:

Ever since I updated from Mountain Lion to Mavericks, Kontakt 5.3.1 now works perfectly. So I'm hesitant to upgrade to 5.4.1 😉 I didn't even know it was out! I guess I can always easily downgrade to 5.3.1 in case there are problems. Thanks for the heads-up.

I didnt know that Kontakt 5.3.1 has a bug when batch resaving libraries. did you know that?

I still find that Kontakt 3.5 and 4.2 performed better. I would love to go back to Kontakt 4 but I am on yosemite.

Sam

• UPDATE: 5.5 doesn't help at all. still clicks. i'll try to revert to 5.3 and hope my gear can all still run.

How about again the newest update of Kontakt to 5.5? I just upgraded now and am hoping this solves my problem. I noticed that when I took out requiem, berlins strings and cinebrass my crackling went away! I'm happy to know this isn't a DP issue, but rather frustrated to know that it is a kontakt+VEPro issue. Fortunately, i just finished my latest project and have a couple of days until the next one.

If 5.5 doesn't work, i'll revert to 5.3 and see if that works. Thank you all for posting his thread!

• I'm running K 5.5.0.409, VEP 5.4.13741, OSX 10.8.5, Logic 9.1.8 and 10.0.7, Protools 10.3.9. Only problem occurs after some idle time. Then I just quit and reopen everything.