Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,584 users have contributed to 42,242 threads and 254,859 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 5 new thread(s), 21 new post(s) and 41 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@Dietz said:

Assuming that all instruments are set up within Vienna Ensemble, just save the VI-Frame and and attach it to your next reply in this thread. Alternatively, you could send it to supportATvslDOTcoDOTat, to my attention (... please add a reverence to this thread). You could also add the Cubase-project then (without any audio files), although that shouldn't be necessary, and it could give me some troubles as I haven't upgraded to Cubase 8 yet.

In any case: I'll look into it ASAP; just allow for a few days, please.

Kind regards,

There you go! 

Dietz, It´s sound good to you? 

MichaelVE.rar-1696258514001-xi80t.rar

• Hi Michael,

I just looked at the VI Frame and I listened to the audio snipped you supplied again. For me, there's nothing wrong with either of them (... although I would pan the individual instruments differently, but that's a different story).

It might happen that you _really_ run into phasing issues, though, due to the fact that you seem to use several instances of the same instrument (e.g. Dimension Violins - Player 1). I would have to see and hear the actual Cubase project for verification, but you could check it yourself: I marked the suspicious instruments in your VI Frame.

Kind regards,

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • last edited
    last edited

@Dietz said:

Hi Michael,

I just looked at the VI Frame and I listened to the audio snipped you supplied again. For me, there's nothing wrong with either of them (... although I would pan the individual instruments differently, but that's a different story).

It might happen that you _really_ run into phasing issues, though, due to the fact that you seem to use several instances of the same instrument (e.g. Dimension Violins - Player 1). I would have to see and hear the actual Cubase project for verification, but you could check it yourself: I marked the suspicious instruments in your VI Frame.

Kind regards,

Dietz, thanks for reply again.

What should i do to simulate the first and second violins? Split into 4 or layering with other library (which i don't have)?

• Hi Michael,

thanks for the Cubase-project.

I quickly added MIR (using MIRx presets) and printed a rough submix from the first and second violins only. Are you still hearing phasing issues? I don't. :-)

Kind regards,

• last edited
    last edited

@Dietz said:

Hi Michael,

thanks for the Cubase-project.

I quickly added MIR (using MIRx presets) and printed a rough submix from the first and second violins only. Are you still hearing phasing issues? I don't. 😊

Kind regards,

Thanks, but i don't have MIR. You change the pan, but what about the other instruments?  Is there a tip (or preset) for panning dimension strings? 

Sounds thin, but amazing! 

• It's not about MIR (I just used it because it gives me usable basic settings automatically) - I just wanted to make sure that we both hear and see the same results. For me, there's no phasing, and I hoped to hear the same from you. :-)

... I don't understand the final statement "thin, but amazing".

• last edited
    last edited

@Dietz said:

It's not about MIR (I just used it because it gives me usable basic settings automatically) - I just wanted to make sure that we both hear and see the same results. For me, there's no phasing, and I hoped to hear the same from you. 😊

... I don't understand the final statement "thin, but amazing".

Thin because 8 violins sounds thin anyway. Amazing is the instrument position on MIR, it´s perfetc! 

Dietz, i'll try to paning diferent here. Thanks for your time. VSL Suport is great!

• I am aslo working on a Dimension Strings project at the moment and want to achieve a relaxed, silky, and smooth/lush sound. I am using VE PRO/MIR PRO/VI PRO. So far I was able to accomplish this by orchestrating and having my players playing pp/mp. In each player channel in VE Pro, I added the resonance VSL EQ preset (for specific player), but I would love to know what settings are best to give you that sound.

Thank you,

-Nektarios