Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,440 users have contributed to 42,227 threads and 254,796 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 22 new post(s) and 45 new user(s).

• Hi Paul,

I am experiencing the same problem too with my VEP 5. I just bought a VEP 5 and planning to operate it with a Mac slave.

Below is my specs for both MACs:

1.Mac spec for DAW:  OS X 10.9.3, Processor 2x 3.46 GHz- Core Intel Xeon, memory 64 Gb 1333 MHz DD3

2. Mac spec for Slave:  OS X 10.9.3, Processor 2.8 GHz- Quad Core Intel Xeon , 32 Gb 

Using VEP Version 5.3.13407 in both Macs

Both Macs connected via LAN Cable with switcher and able to connect to internet. 

Below is the screenshot.

• Hey!

I have the same problem. I cannot connect to my VEP5 server on my slave. BUT if I open an old project it will trigger the instances on the slave and everything is open. But I can't start anything new. Problem is in Pro Tools AND DP8. Everything on the last update. I don't have the problem with an instance on my MacBook, where the DAWs are running, only on the Slave, but the connection is ok (otherwise it could not trigger the old ones?) Don't understand this issue :/

Best regards

Michael

• Hi, 

Which network settings are you using?

You should definitely use static IP addresses, and avoid 169.x.x.x addresses (these are automatically assigned by your computer and tend to change).

Please do the following:

Take screenshots of your existing network settings, just to be safe. 

Then, manually assign one of these IP addresses to the computers in your setup: 192.168.0.x or 10.0.0.x, and assign a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0, then it should work.

If it does not, send screenshots of your network settings to support@vsl.co.at, we´ll try to help you asap. Network support is basically not part of our tech support (just to have said it), things can get quite complex, depending on your environment, knowledge and expectations... 

Best,
    Paul 

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • THX! I just read it in another comment, sorry for the stupid question :/ I don't understand it, because I just set it up month ago (!) with another line from you and it worked all well till last week! Don#t understand it. Thank you!

• Hi, 

So does that mean it works again?

Best, 
    Paul

• Yes! Now it doesn't load the old ones, but I can reset them with my template :)

• I'm not getting any available instances showing in Vienna Ensemble pro 5. I have I have tried using my IPaddress and also 127.0.0.1 in the slave field and have also left it blank.I do have both of them opened the Server interface and also the Pro 64 bit. Any help would be appreciated. My DAW is Pro Tools 11  OS mac Yosemite

Thanks,

Vic

• Hi Vic, 

I have answered your mail to our Support Team. You were mixing up Vienna Ensemble and Vienna Ensemble PRO. 

Best, 
    Paul

• Hi Paul,

Thanks for getting back with me. I’m a little confused with what you’re saying. I have , Vienna Ensemble Pro (64 bit) and also Vienna Ensemble (64 bit). (See att. picture of all my Vienna icons in a folder) Which one of these is considered Vienna Ensemble Service? Which of these should I open first before I connect to my DAW?

Thanks again,

Vic

• Hi, 

Again, I have answered your reply to support@vsl.co.at

I don´t think it makes sense to have a duplicate conversation. 

Best, 
    Paul

• I've had this problem on VEP 6 since the beginning.  I just put in address 127.0.0.1 manually to make it work. I haven't used it across computers yet.   VEP 6.0.16502

• Hi umarekawaru, 

Would you be so kind to share a little more about your setup?

OS, firewalls, AV programs, additional "safety "programs like "Little Snitch" (anything that could block network communication in any way)?

Best, 
    Paul

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Would you be so kind to share a little more about your setup?

OS, firewalls, AV programs, additional "safety "programs like "Little Snitch" (anything that could block network communication in any way)?

Just the Mac OS firewall is turned on. Mac OS 10.11.6   No virus checkers or other safety programs.

• Hi, 

Any difference if you deactivate the firewall (you can disconnect from the internet for a minute)?

Best, 
    Paul

• Oh my.  I simply had to click "Advertise on local network". 

Sorry about that. My bad.

It works now.