Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,759 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,921 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 12 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• Re-install Problem

Hello, Folks! I have a problem that I hope you can clarify for me. Something is different with the installation

I had to redo my PC computer and re-installed new VE, VI, Cubase 5 and Sib 7. (I was happy to see that they had added to the SP Ed files.) VE and VI works great again with Cubase. It is Sib that is cause grief. I cantt get it to see VE or VI. I know that it is a path problem, but I cannot solve it. I have placed the VE and VI programs in the Avid/Sibelius, Avid/VSTplugins and Sib 7, but still Sib does not list them even thought I set the path to them. I have also tried opening a new configuration in Sib, but still it does not work.

I notice that in the Avid/Common/Sibelius folder there are .aaxplugin files I never noticed before. I am using Win 7.

Many Thanks,

Mark

• Hello Mark!

I recommend never moving program or plugin files unless you know exactly what you are doing. This can cause a big mess. In your case I would proceed as follows:
    - Move program and plugin files back where they have been installed initially.
    - Uninstall all VSL programs.
    - Look for VSL programs and plugins that may still be left on your system drive (Vienna*.* and VSL*.*) and delete them. Anyway, don't delete the content (.dat) files or MIR venues (.vmi).
    - Reinstall all VSL programs. The latest versions can be downloaded here:
    http://www.vsl.co.at/en/68/428/1093.vsl
    During installation, watch the VST-plugin directories you choose and remember them.
    - After installation add the folders with the VST-plugins in the Sibelius menu Play/Setup/Audio Engine Options/Folders. 32-bit plugins can only be added to Sibelius 32-bit. 64-bit plugins can only be added to Sibelius 64-bit.

aaxplugin files are for Pro Tools.

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Thanks, Andi! It is working now!

I had downloaded a new version of Sib 7 and it appears to work differently. Previously I put the Vienna programs into a VSTplugs folder in the Sibelius folder. I put many different programs into it and they all worked. Now there is not a VSTplugs in the Sib folder. Also, although I thought I purchased a 64-bit version of Sib, it installs in the 32-bit folder. I am thinking that the version is actually a 32-bit program that they have modified to accept 64-bit plugins. When I open Vienna in Sib, it is the 64-bit files that are loaded.

Mark

• Hello Mark!

Sibelius 7 comes as a 32-bit and as a 64-bit application. On a Windows computer with 64-bit OS both versions should be installed to the respective program folders. At least on my computer it is this way.

Best,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Notation Programs & Vienna on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Finale on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Dorico on