Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,730 users have contributed to 42,313 threads and 255,145 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 6 new post(s) and 34 new user(s).

• [SOLVED] Latest VEP 5.3 (Jan 27 2014) very high CPU load

Just updated VEP to today's release, am I the only one seeing a very high CPU load? I was finishing my DS Viola templates yesterday, and 12844 was working great.

• We have identified a CPU load issue running the latest release on certain systems, and are just testing a new build that corrects this problem. Sorry for any inconvenience!

• Ah, thanks for this information, so I can safe a support ticket.

edit: btw, the task manager shows the normal CPU load (2%-3% using 70 instances of VI PRO 2 with MIR, all Cells disabled on Windows X 58 6 Core HT on, 24 GB RAM) VE PRO 5 shows 20% CPU load.

Thanks, Frank 

• I switched back to version 12844 - works fine here. (CPU loading same template 1,9%)

• last edited
    last edited

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reports! New versions of VE PRO and MIR PRO (5.3.13043) are already available in your User Area!

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Many thanks Paul, for this quick help! Everything looks fine now and works as expected!

Kind regards

Frank

• Hi Paul

The MIRPro download link also gives me ViennaEnsemblePro-WIN-5.3.13043

Is that correct?

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi, 

Thanks for the quick reports! New versions of VE PRO and MIR PRO (5.3.13043) are already available in your User Area!

Best, 

Paul

That is amazing!  You guys must not sleep much...

• Hi Michael, 

The deprivation of sleep must have caused this lapsus with me. Sorry about that, already fixed by my colleague Manfred (THANKS!!).

Best,

Paul

• I just re-downloaded VE Pro & MIR 

On Mac, the version numbers are shown as:

Vienna MIR Pro - 5.1.13043 (not 5.3.x)

Vienna Ensemble Pro - 5.2.13043 (not 5.3.x)

Is this just an error in the display of the version numbers?

Or have I downloaded incorrect files?

• Hi musos, 

The installer shows 5.3 versions for both software products, the VE PRO Server Window and MIR PRO Server Window both show the 5.3 Version number in the header....  at least on my Mac. 

But I saw that version info in the Application Information has not been updated - I´ll make sure this will be done with the next update. Please don´t let it confuse you. 

Best, 

Paul

• Thanks Paul - just checking.

I forgot to say THANKS to all the VSL team for this great update with MIRx included - much appreciated.  [:D]

•  Thanks much for the very prompt addressing of the issue Martin and Paul!

Tried it yesterday and it seems to be working fine. Thanks again.