Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,458 users have contributed to 42,228 threads and 254,804 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 19 new post(s) and 47 new user(s).

• I like the sound of the dimension violas very, very much.  A true pleasure to play.

• last edited
    last edited

@Dietz said:

An update of MIR Pro containing both the Instrument Profiles for Dimension Violas (with 10 Character Presets for each of them!), as well as the full implementation of MIRx presets and functionality (about 1,000 presets for Vienna Instruments and other signal sources) will be available in a couple of - errr - in a few days.

http://www.kvraudio.com already mentionned the MIR update release. I guest the VSL website will be updated really soon.

• We're working on the release version of the MIR Pro update right now,  as well as on the finishing touches to the documentation of MIR Pro's "MIRx Mode" and its related new features.

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • I just had the honor of hearing a marvelous demo of these new violas by Guy Bacos and they are truly spectacular.   Thanks Guy. 

And thanks to the VSL team for these splendid new instruments!

• hola podrias decirme como puedo hacer sonar las violas??? no entiendo mucho y nose como hacerlas sonar las descargue pero no suenan.muchas gracias

• and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • Okay i've managed to write an extensive polyphonic mesh replete with quarter tones and the effect is fantastic. This library is in a different league! 

One question: Am I seeing strange pitch ranges on the SIbelius presets? G# 2 to A5? And perf-leg patches limited to E5 only?

• perfect!

adds exactly the charakter needed for ds.. i love how broad and alive this ensamble can sound.. and how much warmth and fullness it adds to the violins and celli.

i know i'm using the humanize function too much right now.. but detuning the ensambles and having them play togehter simply creates magical results.. 

can't wait for ds to be complete with the basses, as both the solo and the chamber basses don't have that organic feeling.. but they'll do for now.

cheers. g.