Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

188,328 users have contributed to 42,591 threads and 256,456 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 15 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• setting up sends for VIP1 in Logic 9

I have not been able to figure out how to set up sends, or even if it's possible, to use the VIP window to reduce the computer power needed. Instead of the reverb of the Logic plug-ins which I do know how to do but I'd rather use the VSL reverbs. Can I use these as plug-ins in the Auxes?

• last edited
    last edited

Hi,

The internal reverb you find in VI/VI PRO is only available in the software.

If you are looking for alternative solutions there, check out Vienna Suite (click "try" to get a free demo license), it comes with 2 great reverbs or take a look at MIR PRO or MIRx (these will take more CPU power, though).

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi,

The internal reverb you find in VI/VI PRO is only available in the software.

If you are looking for alternative solutions there, check out Vienna Suite (click "try" to get a free demo license), it comes with 2 great reverbs or take a look at MIR PRO or MIRx (these will take more CPU power, though).

Best,

Paul

Thanks, Paul,

For several reasons this won't be practical for me as there are too many tracks in this project and the regular celesta track sample seems to take enormous CPU power. So, if I want to use the VSL reverbs, the "bounce in place" feature in Logic 9 seems to be the only way to go, now that I know how to do this. And I'm dealing with three separate movements which need to sound as uniform as possible in the instrumental sounds.

Best,

Ed Gold