Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,087 users have contributed to 42,705 threads and 256,979 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 39 new post(s) and 34 new user(s).

• How do I access each individual player in Dimension Strings from Sibelius

Apologies in advance for potential cross posting. However I have spent a few days now with this and remain flumoxed.

I'm trying to create a setup which will allow individual access to each of the players in Dimension Strings using Sibelius 6.2. I have to this end created a score which has 9 Violin staves (1 for full group + 8 individual parts) and 7 Celli (1 for full group + 6 individual parts). However Sibelius just haphazardly reassigns the staves in the score to different MIDI channels. I have tried creating individual soundset IDs for each player but for some reason I then lose access to articualtion changes. 

What's the best practice here? The documentation Optimizing Sibelius Playback clearly shows duplicate Sound IDs being used on page 3 but how does one just lock staves to their respective MIDI channels. Currently all I am experiencing is a nightmare of automatic channel swapping which negates my investment into the Dimension Strings and is once again making the VSL / Sibelius experience feel like I am spending more time solving problems than actually writing any music. 

Help (obviously) MUCH appreciated.

• Hello Juergen!

I have written an answer to your other post.

http://community.vsl.co.at/forums/t/28186.aspx

Best,

Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Thanks Andi... I'll respond shortly there.

• ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Notation Programs & Vienna on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Finale on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Dorico on