Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

188,327 users have contributed to 42,591 threads and 256,456 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 17 new post(s) and 39 new user(s).

• Renaming instances?

Hi all.

I have this:

I see no way of renaming anything, so that when I open the applet, I can tell what is what. There are only four intances there; no biggie. But say there were 24. You want access to your strings, for ex., how do you know which one they are in? And don't say memory :)--

• last edited
    last edited

Hi Jeff,

As soon as you save a VE PRO project (*.viframe), the name will appear in this list. Also, when you preserve an instance of VE PRO, you need to name it (which will also show up here).

See also page 21 in the VE PRO 5 Manual (File Formats and Information Display).

Best,
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hey Paul, thank you for the reply.

"As soon as you save a VE PRO project (*.viframe), the name will appear in this list"   

Mmmm - no, that is not exactly true.

"Also, when you preserve an instance of VE PRO, you need to name it (which will also show up here)."

That is true - yes, but if I preserve, the VEP instance does not close with my project, and load the next time I open my project... :/

• last edited
    last edited

Hi, 

@Another User said:

"Also, when you preserve an instance of VE PRO, you need to name it (which will also show up here)."

That is true - yes, but if I preserve, the VEP instance does not close with my project, and load the next time I open my project... 😕

When you load your project again, VE PRO will ask you whether you want to load or discard the data that is pushed from your sequencer (the yellow blinking arrow). 

Best, 

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Only preserved instances have a name. This is a technical limitation because the name also uniquely identifies the instance, so having non-preserved instances identified by a name would cause collisions.