Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,765 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,923 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 14 new post(s) and 38 new user(s).

• Question - how to create soft samples-only preset.

I did this a long while back, and now can't remember how it's done. I'd like to modify the Harp 1 Normal preset to only include the soft samples, and have the harder, higher velocity samples not sound. If anyone could explain how to do this, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

• Hi Gary, 

You could override key velocity by using Velocity Xfade, this way you´d only get piano samples if the Velocity Xfade Slider is set accordingly. 

Best, 

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Thanks Paul, but I'm still not sure how to set this up...

• Hi Gary,

In your Vienna Instrument Ctrl Map you will find two CC assignments: one acts as a switch to turn Vel.XF On/Off, and the other acts as the fader that will control the amount of Velocity XF. By default the switch should be CC28 and the fader CC2. Bring CC28 up to 127 and this will turn on Vel XF (127= on, 0 = off). Now dynamics are controlled by the fader, CC2, and not how hard you hit the keys. So, set your CC2 fader at some low value (for example, pp is approximately 0-27 while FF is approx. 110-127). 

• Thanks - I did get your suggestion to work. However, I did it some other way previously, where I still had velocity sensitivity, but with only the pp samples sounding...I'll keep experimenting.

• I see. You could get close to what you want with a Velocity Curve (Advanced Tab: Edit Tab) however, you may need to use Logic to get finer control over the curve than is currently possible in VIPro directly. If you are going to bring Logic into the picture you might consider doing what Paul suggested and then converting velocity into Expression CC11. 

• Hi,

Did you try if you used the DynR (Dynamic Range) Scaler in the VI PRO "Perform" tab (Advanced View)?

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL