Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,096 users have contributed to 42,706 threads and 256,980 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 35 new post(s) and 39 new user(s).

• [SOLVED] VST's not showing up in VE Pro 5 (Windows 7)

I'm using a Dell 980 quad core i7 as my slave machine with VE Pro 5, and a Mac Mini Server i7 as my main machine with Pro Tools 11. Vienna Instruments work great, no problems.

I have two VST's (Kush Audio UBK-1 and Clariphonic) and three VSTi (Garritan Personal Orchestra, AIR Loom and Vaccum Pro) installed on the slave machine. None of these show up in VE Pro, although I can see them being scanned. I have all the .dll's in C:/vstplugins, although I moved them there after installing the plugins - I'm not very familiar with Windows, so I don't know if that disassociates the .dll's with the actual VST's.

If anyone can help me out here, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Myles

• Hi Myles, 

Did you check that you are opening the right version of VE PRO (32/64 bit)?

32 bit plug-ins will only be available in a 32 bit VE PRO. 

64 bit plug-ins will only be available in a 64 bit VE PRO.

And of course the right VST plug-in folders need to be assigned in the VE PRO Preferences.

Best,

Paul 

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
    1. Make sure that you are looking at the correct bit rate server. 32bit plugs won't show up in a 64bit server, and vice versa.
    2. Sometimes moving the .dll works, sometimes not. It all depends on which developer it comes from, and how they have programmed things.

DG

• Thanks for your replies, I appreciate it. I think my problem is in the slave machine - I'll go through what I'm doing and maybe I can better explain it.

If I open VE Pro 5 (not the server) on my slave machine, and look for the available plugins in Preferences, it lists the various VI plugs, and those work fine from the master machine. No other plugs are listed, even if I change the VST folder locations to include both (or either) the 32 bit and 64 bit plugs, and rescan all.

So, I think the problem is independent of the 32 bit/64 bit question, as VE Pro 5 (again, not the server) should show whatever plugs are in the folders I've pointed it to, correct? In other words, in order to access both the 32 bit and 64 bit VST's from the master (via either the 32 bit or 64 bit servers), I should have *both* 32 bit and 64 bit plugin folders in my VST settings in VE Pro 5 on my slave machine... In my situation, all the VST's are available and installed in 64 bit versions, so I don't need 32 bit versions, but if there were something that was only 32 bit, I'd need to have that folder listed in VST settings in Preferences.

I hope that makes sense...

I really appreciate your help and your patience.

Thanks,

Myles

• last edited
    last edited

Hello Myles, 

I think this is the misunderstanding: 

@mylescdavis said:

In other words, in order to access both the 32 bit and 64 bit VST's from the master (via either the 32 bit or 64 bit servers), I should have *both* 32 bit and 64 bit plugin folders in my VST settings in VE Pro 5 on my slave machine...

You can NOT access any fx plug-ins that are installed on your MASTER computer from your SLAVE computer.

You plug-ins need to be installed on the computer you want to use them on (within VE PRO Server).

Best,

Paul 

• last edited
    last edited

@mylescdavis said:

In other words, in order to access both the 32 bit and 64 bit VST's from the master (via either the 32 bit or 64 bit servers), I should have *both* 32 bit and 64 bit plugin folders in my VST settings in VE Pro 5 on my slave machine...

You can NOT access any fx plug-ins that are installed on your MASTER computer from your SLAVE computer.

You plug-ins need to be installed on the computer you want to use them on (within VE PRO Server).

Best,

Paul 

Hi Paul -

Thanks for your reply.

I understand what you're saying about not being able to access plugins installed on the master from the slave machine.

My issue is that I can't see installed plugins on the slave machine when opening VE Pro (not VE Pro Server) on the slave machine.

Regards,

Myles

• last edited
    last edited

Hi Myles, 

You are using WIN 7 on your slave machine (=VST plug-ins in VE PRO) and OS X on your master MacMini (=AU plug-ins in VE PRO). 

@mylescdavis said:

My issue is with plugs installed on the slave machine not showing up in VE Pro on the slave machine - if they don't show up there, they're not going to show up on the master machine using VE Pro Server.

Is that a question? Or a statement? I´m afraid I do not see the connection. Maybe someone else can chime in here?

Best, 

Paul

• Well, I discovered the problem. And it's my fault, which I knew it was, I just couldn't figure out what it was.

32 bit VE Pro pinned to my taskbar. Using that to try to see 64 bit plugins. It's not going to work!

Thanks to everyone who responded. I'm very embarrassed by my stupid mistake, but happy now that I've figured out what was going on. Back to making music...

A merry Christmas to all!

Regards,

Myles