Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,087 users have contributed to 42,705 threads and 256,979 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 39 new post(s) and 34 new user(s).

• VST expressions an VIPro patches - how to organize

Hi

Sorry if this question have been up before, but I can't find the search button in this forum!!!

I recently began to use Cubase 7 and I want to set up a template including the VSL I have. I have lately been using a lot of the VIPro patches in Orchestral Strings & Dimension Brass. All these patches involves using the mod wheel to go from ex. staccato long to detache short, so when Cubase wants a "remote key" to trigger a slot (an expression), you run out of available keys very fast because you can't use the mod wheel.

So what are you doing to accomplish this?

• Hello Stig!

We have prepared VST Expression Maps for most of our collections. They can be downloaded here:
    http://www.vsl.co.at/en/68/141/460/1602/1288.htm

If you want to create your own Expression Maps, you can use every key you want as a remote key - preferably the keys which are not in the instrument range. Normally you will not need a remote key for every possible artiuclation. They are only relevant during a performance for changing articulation live. For editing you have the articulation lane which doesn't need remote keys.

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • PaulP Paul moved this topic from Orchestration & Composition on