Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,759 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,921 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 12 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• MIR Pro phase issue

Hello everyone,

I'm having issues with instruments inside MIR, the mixing engineer I'm working with complains that the bounced signal of individual tracks is out of phase.

Happens with all kinds of sources, VIs too. Problem disappears when MIR is bypassed before export.

I use instruments profiles for the VIs, nothing else. No secondary mic, no plugins on tracks and stereo output, not even EQ.

Happens both when MIR is used as a plugin or inside VEP. I use Logic X with OSX 10.9.1. Everything up to date.

• Hi,

from the distance, the only explanation I can think of is that you're positioning Icons behind the Main Microphone, or at least too far to the sides. Like in real life, this will lead to super-wide stereo or (if taken too the extremes) to out-of-phase signals.

Please send a screenshot of MIR Pro's Main Window to , with a reference to this thread. I'll look at it ASAP.

Kind regards,

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Thank you Dietz, I've sent an email. I might be wrong though, but I don't think my placements are too esoteric ;)