Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,755 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,921 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 16 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• Newbie question: basic logic X and VEP setup with Nexus instrument

Hello I have tried to learn this myself, but I just cant figure it out and its making my head go around. Im new to digital music editing. I have logic X, nexus 32 bit synth. I want to make a song in logic with 4-5 sounds from nexus. I make 5 separate midi channels in Logic x, connect them each to their own instance in the 32 bit server with each server running nexus with seperate sound. I have to mute the nexus instruments I dont want to use, and record with one instrument at a time. The problem is that when I want to listen and record, I have to play the instruments I need to hear, but not record (I hope this makes sense). I have a feeling that this has something to do with the midi port settings etc. I cant find any newbie guide to this. Anyone has a simple guide? Thanks..

• nvm, found it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=SpMl-cCwd10 You should make this a part of the manual. Thanks.