Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,087 users have contributed to 42,705 threads and 256,979 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 39 new post(s) and 34 new user(s).

• Power Panner

I have Vienna Suite, and I'm wondering if you use Power Panner, is it best to ignore the Pan setting in Vienna Ensemble Pro Mixer, leaving it at the default setting? Phil

• Ya know, I was watching the tutorial videos a couple of weeks ago and I noticed that they have the panning set within the Vienna Ensemble host for the first five channels of the demo music rather than VS Power Pan.  The Power pan plug-in is inserted on the seventh channel ("Cymbols") and that channel is set to the Vienna Ensemble panning default.

So my guess is, if you're going to use the VS Power Pan plug-in, then you leave the channel in the default mode in Ensemble.  Here's a link to the videos:   http://www.vsl.co.at/en/211/1343/1348/2457/2115.vsl

Maybe you see something that I don't and can correct me if I'm wrong[8-|] 

• last edited
    last edited

@Phil Walton said:

I have Vienna Suite, and I'm wondering if you use Power Panner, is it best to ignore the Pan setting in Vienna Ensemble Pro Mixer, leaving it at the default setting? Phil

In short: Yes. 😊

You can achieve most of the settings of Vienna Suite's Power Panner with VE Pro's own panner(s), too. OTOH, you can simply delete VE Pro's panner from a channel to avoid confusion as soon as you've decided to use Vienna Suite's Power Panner.

Kind regards,

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library