Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

188,328 users have contributed to 42,591 threads and 256,456 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 15 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• Expression Map for Trumpet (Bb)

Dear all I'm wondering which Expression Map would fit best to the Trumpet (Bb) (buyed as Single Instrument) using the Preset 01TrBb Articulation Combi? Is there an existing one which I could use? I've tried to find the answer by myself but without success. Thanks in advance!

• Hello Rheinklang!

Expression Maps can be downloaded here:
    http://www.vsl.co.at/en/68/141/460/1602/1288.htm

In order to see the downloads, you have to be logged in.

For the Trumpet in Bb download the file "Expression Maps Woodwinds & Brass", use the Expression Map "VSL High Woodwinds+Brass" and load the VI Preset "V56 Trumpet Bb".

There's no Expression Map for the preset 01 TrBb Articulation Combi.

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Hello Andi thanks for your fast response. Unfortunately I do not have/find the Preset "V56 Trumpet Bb". I can just see one Preset for it, it's called 52 Trumpet Bb / TrBb VSL Preset. It contains the Matrixes 01 Articulation Combi, 02 Perf-Legato-Speed.... And the recommended VLS High Woodwins+Brass does not fully work in my case: for Notes without Expressions defined the X-Axis changes moreless "randomly", what I did not observe e.g. using the Trumpet in C with the Expression Map VSL SE-High Winds used for that preset/Matrix. So (how)can I influence the 'default-behavior'? OK, maybe it makes no sense.. But it seems that on some Expressions (e.g. staccato) the Control of the Y-Axis is missing (no CC1-Control-Value defined to change from X1Y1 to Cells X1Y2 ? Best regards Mario P.S.: (I', still new to VI, so if experienced users may find the question stupid pls ignore :-) )

• Hello Rheinklang!

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Notation Programs & Vienna on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Finale on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Dorico on