Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,462 users have contributed to 42,228 threads and 254,805 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 20 new post(s) and 48 new user(s).

• I had a problem installing Dimension Cellos.They don´t appear on the Vienna Instruments. I don´t have Vienna Intruments Pro. I updated the eLicenser and Vienna Instruments software and add the folder on directory manager. I'm downloading the Cellos again.

• Dimension Celli are installed and working fine. However, I don't see a setting for it within MIR. Yes, prior to installing DS Celli I allowed VEP5 to update itself via the reminder. 

Are there even settings for it yet?

Thanks

• last edited
    last edited

@Jack Weaver said:

Dimension Celli are installed and working fine. However, I don't see a setting for it within MIR. Yes, prior to installing DS Celli I allowed VEP5 to update itself via the reminder. 

Are there even settings for it yet?

Thanks

-> http://community.vsl.co.at/forums/t/35170.aspx

Please install the latest version of MIR Pro (installing VE Pro won't update MIR Pro).

HTH,

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • need to update MIR as well.... then you'll see the cello instrument profiles... nice settings! 

• last edited
    last edited

Hi RRadtke, 

@RRadtke said:

I had a problem installing Dimension Cellos.They don´t appear on the Vienna Instruments. I don´t have Vienna Intruments Pro. I updated the eLicenser and Vienna Instruments software and add the folder on directory manager. I'm downloading the Cellos again.

The sample content is automatically added to your Directory Manager upon installation. Did you make sure that the installation started and ended after the download finished?

You do not necessarily need VI PRO, but it´s a great help in many ways...

Best, 

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  •  Am I the only one who can't use the perf trill even in interval mono mode ? all other legato patches work fine ..

Best,

•  If you want the perftrills in mono mode, set them to mono mode: Advanced Page / Advanced Tab / Interval Mode from Poly to Mono (or  to Global when Global  is already set to mono)

The cello trills work better in poly mode in conjunction with the VIPRO sequenzer stuff, therefor are set to Poly in all of our factory presets and matrices. 

By the way, avoid performing trills doing it in a "mono synth keyboard style". Holding one key permanently and altering just the second key.

WIth this kind of performing no alternation of the interval samples are triggered, you are forcing always the same interval (sample out of six).

best

Herb

• I just wanted to say thanks to a superb release VSL Team.  I am really please with them and going to be making my template update this weekend.

On another note though, I wanted to say extra thank you for learning from your last experience and making sure the servers were prepared.  The download experience was second to none this time.  Absolutely flawless and blazing fast.

Thanks,

Maestro2be

• Here is a demo of music i was writing for a computer-game. Its mostly made with Apassionata with Dimension-Violins on top. But there are also some Orchestralstrings involved. Maybe im going to add Dimension Cellos next week.

• Here is a demo of music i was writing for a computer-game. Its mostly made with Apassionata with Dimension-Violins on top. But there are also some Orchestralstrings involved. Maybe im going to add Dimension Cellos next week.

https://soundcloud.com/martin-gerke/map-italy

• I'm wanting to add a crescendo on an sffz dimension cello articulation (either by combining with a 2 second dyn articulation or with velocity crossfade) and I can't get it in either case. I can get the crescendo + sffz perfectly with the violins. I'm also hearing what sounds like a looping sample when I combine sffz + 2 sec dyn. Is there a problem with these cello samples in this case? Any help will be appreciated! Thanks! -Jim P.S. - AND the sounds are beautiful! Well done, once again!

• Hello Jim, 

Glad you like the Dimension Strings!

Please send a short song that demonstrates the problem to , we´ll have a look at it!

Best, 

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi, 

Please update ALL software products with every new purchase, otherwise the new products will simply not be recognized/implemented, and you might miss some features as well.

I'm sorry, I should have been more clear. I meant, I'm on VE Pro 4. Are you saying I need to upgrade to VEPro 5 or make sure VE Pro 4 has the latest upgrade?

Again, my apologies.

• Hello Jim!

Thanks for sending us your Cubase project. I hope you don't mind that I fill in for Paul here.

The sfz, sffz patches only have one dynamic layer. So there are no velocities that can be crossfaded. The only effect you get is a slight change in volume. This effect is also there in the Dimension Cellos, but I agree that it is less audible in your example than with the Dimension Violins. Anyway, it might be more useful to automate the Expression or Volume fader in your case. This way volume changes will be more audible.

The dyn-me_2s patches have two velocity layers. So a velocity X-Fade should have an audible effect.

Another possibility would be to make a Slot X-Fade between the sffz and dyn-me patches. That will probably the best solution for your example. For this you will have to add the dyn-me patches to the b-slots of the sffz cell first and activate Slot X-Fade.

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library