Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,498 users have contributed to 42,233 threads and 254,820 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 5 new thread(s), 18 new post(s) and 46 new user(s).

• Do I have to activate through eLicenser before Downloading?

I have the Download Manager installed and running but nothing is happening. I have not yet activated my Vienna Key since it won't be here till tomorrow. So I assume I have to activate before any downloads start?

• last edited
    last edited

If you go to www.vsl.co.at/en/68/375/379/241.htm and scroll down you'll find the manual for Vienna Imperial - the section on installation may be helpful.

• N

• In the User Area>Instrument Collections>Percussion and Keyboards page there is a download file called Vienna Imperial - Library Download.  You need this file in addition to the Vienna Download Manager.  The Vienna Download Manager is an application that assists the downloads.  The other file is the actual library you want to download.  It's referred to in the instructions at the top of the page as the Download Manager File (as opposed to the Download Manager).  

• Wow, cannot thank you enough dbudde. Here I was waiting on my Vienna Key to arrive before I thought I could download the file. There really needs to be clearer instructions here. This is extremely frustrating for something that is a fairly simple purchase and registration process.

• last edited
    last edited

Hi fscotte,

Sorry to hear that this caused some confusion.

Downloading data with our Download Manager is indeed possible without having a license available, it´s "just" data, after all.

The license is necessary as soon as the installation process starts.

I´ll have another look through our confirmation mails and check what can be improved!

The overview of our User Area should be a good start, with a link to our Frequently Asked Questions and Quick Start Videos (we´re trying to place those links where it makes sense).

The instructions on top of each download section are the short version of the Download Manager Manual that documents the download procedure with more details and screenshots.

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

OK at the risk of sounding stupid, I went ahead and tried to install Vienna Imperial without my Vienna Key (still waiting for it to arrive in mail). I get the error message: "Cannot install files to this location". I am assuming this is because I don't have my Vienna Key registered yet, correct?

• last edited
    last edited

Hi fscotte, 

Installation will not work without a license on your key. 

"Cannot install files to this location" is actually a warning about disk space or permissions. 

The Vienna Imperial is an exeption in our palette of instruments, as it has its own specialized sample player, the highest compression rate of all our sample content data, and also has its own Library Installer, which is integrated in the Download Manager just as the "normal" Vienna Instruments Library Installer. 

So I´d rather expect an error message that complains about a missing license, I´ll check that as soon as possible. 

@Paul said:

OK at the risk of sounding stupid, I went ahead and tried to install Vienna Imperial without my Vienna Key (still waiting for it to arrive in mail).

In any case: I like how you try to prove me wrong [;)]

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL