Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,435 users have contributed to 42,227 threads and 254,794 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 20 new post(s) and 53 new user(s).

• Good to hear! So we can look at this issue as "solved", I hope, can't we? :-)

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Glad to hear that it works now and did speed up your system massive. Have fun now writing your music.

Cheers

Bernd

• last edited
    last edited
    Certainly! I looked hard for a solution to this before posting, and noticed a lot of others have the same issue, and are either still unresolved, or they found a solution and didn't document it for the rest of us to see. Perhaps it might be a good idea to include some details of this issue with onboard LAN controllers in the official documentation for the product? My apologies if this is aready the case, but I was unable to find any help before posting my problem here.

@Dietz said:

Good to hear! So we can look at this issue as "solved", I hope, can't we? 😊

• last edited
    last edited

@Air said:

Glad to hear that it works now and did speed up your system massive. Have fun now writing your music.

Cheers

Bernd

Thankyou for your help! It's nice to know that my network isn't the limiting part of my system now!

• Hi, I have also just set up a PC slave for the first time. VEP has worked on master computer (mac pro) very well. PC slave is an i7- 3820 and MB is Gigabyte x79- UP4, 32 G ram. Ethernet cable going directly into LAN 2 port on Mac. I get pop/click/distortion trying to play one part on the slave unless I have the buffer set at 512 in Logic. I'm used to running at 128. My Lan adapter is intel 82579LM. Is there a problem with this adapter as well? Should I try installing a PCI lan card? I have been struggling with this for a week and just saw this post. Hope you can help. Richard

• Hi Richard,

I think all onboard adapters with the number 82579 have this issue. I would try it. Sounds like it is the same issue.

I do not know how many different types of the 82579 are out there.

Regards

Bernd

• last edited
    last edited

@Air said:

I think all onboard adapters with the number 82579 have this issue. I would try it. Sounds like it is the same issue.

I do not know how many different types of the 82579 are out there.

Regards

Bernd

Old thread but worth bumping...

I recently upgraded my Master computer and started have all sorts of problems including stuttering and strange random short periods of silence.  I was using the onboard Intel 82579VM network adapter.  At first I though it was a combination of configuration settings on the 82579 (green settings, flow control, interrupt moderation etc) but nothing was consistent though.  For example, I could change a setting and everything would work perfectly but then on re-boot stuttering and gaps of silence would be back.  Some settings were even causing spikes in the ASIO meter in Cubase with projects using VEP but without anything playing. As soon as I whacked back in my old PCI Intel Pro GT 1000 NIC everything was as good as gold. (Although, now that I'm using an X79 chipset which is non native PCI, should I be using a PCIe NIC even though the PCI version seems fine?) (edit: sicne posting I've learned that the PCI slot on my X79 board is native after all)

So thanks to Bernd and others for their helpful suggestions.  Much appreciated!

Cheers - Brett