Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,377 users have contributed to 42,222 threads and 254,773 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 18 new post(s) and 49 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@Gusfmm said:

I'm actually trying Event Input for the first time.

Why? It would be better to use VST3.

DG

• Daryl- well no special reason other than that being a method suggested in the manual to access addtl' ports. I'd use the VST3 version if I knew what the right VEP5 instance is. I dont see a x64 listed as VST3.

•  After corresponding with VSL they confirmed the VEP plug-in listed as VST3 on Cubase is x64 although its name is not labeled as such. I've been consolidating several VEP instances under just one with multiple MIDI ports, and everything works great and flawlessly, without any extra/odd latency.

• DP 8.02 and Event Inputs definitely do not work properly.  Stuck notes, galore.  Had to rebuild my VEP with multiple VI Frames..

• Same with our rigs here.

• Hi,

I'm running DP 8.03 (mac) connected to a PC (W8) via VEP. What is the purpose of using an Event input, as opposed to a normal one?

And also, what are the consequences of turning off the automatic-delay-compensation?

Thanks

• If you turn off auto delay comp, all your other plugins will shift in time, depending on their particular amount of sample delay.

• Thanks for the info. Turning of the automatic delay comp in DP did make things much smoother here, and since I'm not running any comps, I might get away with it, at least till mixing.

• Experienced this issue for the first time when updating to 5.12800.  I had actually deselected Plugin Delay Compensation over a year ago.  I was still getting dropped notes.  I toggled delay compensation on and off, and it worked again.  Would be great to get an MAS version and open up all those ports for real.  I hear this is pie in the sky but would change my experience for sure.

edit: spelling

• I'm spending this week trying to dive more into this situation, since I have a week off work..

I'm on DP8.04 and the latest VEP 5 (12808? something like that)  But I found that if you double click the VEP plugin (within DP) where you would assign the instance, make the buffer to NONE.  

Having it at NONE made things work perfectly for me.  Even with ADC turned on!!  If I make it any of the 1-4 buffer, notes drop immediatly.  So far i've been just randomly playing instruments, trying to get it to drop, and it's not!  yay!

Now, this made my session run a bit hotter CPU wise, so i'm going to try and see if I can reduce that a bit.  (I have a very large template)

DP8.05 causes big problems for me, and MOTU confirmed that something broke with that release.  So, if you're at 8.05, i'd go back down to 8.04 if you can.

I'm giving MOTU this info as well to see if it helps them fix things for the next 8.06 release!

Hope this helps some of you...

• Good input J11111111111111... I appreciate it. The CPU hit in DP8 is way too huge to go to zero buffers on all our VEP slaves. (And that is with the fastest Mac Pro as host you can get.