Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,041 users have contributed to 42,273 threads and 254,974 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 7 new post(s) and 51 new user(s).

• VST Expression Map and Drum Maps for the Jazz Drums

I'm happy to announce that we now also offer a VST Expression Map and two Drum Maps for our Jazz Drums. These settings can be used with Cubase 5 or higher. Users who have registered the Jazz Drums can download these settings here:
    http://www.vsl.co.at/en/68/141/460/1602/1288.htm

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Thank you! I had a discussion with VSL about it, and I asked this Map. Two weeks, and it happened. Congratulations to the team VSL! She has ears to his instruments, but also for its customers!

• Hi folks,

using the Cubase Expression Map for VSL Jazz Drums I am not sure which expression map parameter replaces the keyswitches A1 and B1 (switching between sticks and brushes) - do you know?

Can anyone explain what the switch "Sticks: Snares on / off" exactly does?

Thanks, Heiner

• Hello Heiner!

The Jazz Drums have two A/B switches.
    A1/B1 is for playing with sticks or brushes.
    A0/B0 is for snares on or off with sticks and variant A or B for brushes.

All four possible combinations are available in the VST Expression Map for the Jazz Drums.
    Sticks/Snares on
    Sticks/Snares off
    ... (various additional settings for playing with sticks)
    Brushes Var. A
    Brushes Var. B
    ... (various additional settings for playing with brushes)

Snares on or off means having the snare wires attached to the resonant drum head of the snare drum or not.

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • last edited
    last edited

The snare wires, now I see! ðŸ˜ƒ

Please allow another question:

Do the parameters "Tempo" and "Speed" mean, that on one hand the song tempo (as set in the Sequencer) and on the other hand the playing speed steer the articulations automatically?

Thank You, Andi!

@andi said:

Hello Heiner!

The Jazz Drums have two A/B switches.
    A1/B1 is for playing with sticks or brushes.
    A0/B0 is for snares on or off with sticks and variant A or B for brushes.

All four possible combinations are available in the VST Expression Map for the Jazz Drums.
    Sticks/Snares on
    Sticks/Snares off
    ... (various additional settings for playing with sticks)
    Brushes Var. A
    Brushes Var. B
    ... (various additional settings for playing with brushes)

Snares on or off means having the snare wires attached to the resonant drum head of the snare drum or not.

Best regards,
    Andi

• For some articulations different samples get triggered according to how much time has passed since the last hit. In other words, the triggered patch depends on your playing speed.

Only the VI Pro APP presets and the MIDI files are dependent on the tempo of the host software.

Best,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • last edited
    last edited

Yes, okay, but what is meant by the distinction of speed and tempo in the descrption then:

Tempo of Swishes and Speed control of the Ride articulations - or the other way around - or something else?

😕

@andi said:

For some articulations different samples get triggered according to how much time has passed since the last hit. In other words, the triggered patch depends on your playing speed.

Only the VI Pro APP presets and the MIDI files are dependent on the tempo of the host software.

Best,
    Andi

• I guess you are refering to the mapping tables at the end of the Jazz Drums Library manual.

For every articulation where you see the indication "Tempo" in the "Speed Control" column, the patch that gets triggered depends on your playing speed as described in my previous post. For example swishes will be shorter, if you are playing faster.

Best,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Yes, I meant the terms "Tempo" and "Speed" in the mapping charts. Now I see. "Speed" then must refer to the speed the siwshes are performed in.

Thanks a lot, Andi!

Greetings from Bielefeld,

Heiner

• Hello marcabru!

All our Cubase expression and percussion maps are now available in Vienna Assistant under Additionals/Cubase Expression Maps.

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • andiA andi moved this topic from Others on