Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,606 users have contributed to 42,245 threads and 254,865 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 6 new thread(s), 21 new post(s) and 46 new user(s).

• Thanks for the reply, Mahlon - yes - I did run the VE Pro Server on the PC first, and the Mac / Logic does not see it when initiating a VEP instance on the plugins in Logic.

• Thanks Martin. I'm looking forward to the fix. I went back one version and everything seems to be working fine.

• last edited
    last edited

Hi John, 

@jptaylormusic_21373 said:

Hi Martin - can't seem to find how to enable my PC with VEP 5 installed, licensed and setup, to be seen on my Mac host running Logic...

The Mac localhost VEP is detected, but the PC, connected to the Mac via gigabit ethernet, isn't seen when running the Server apps. Can only load the localhost VEP in Logic.

Sorry for the newbie question - I'm new to VEP and have read lots of tutorials but can't seem to get the Mac VEP to see the PC VEP.

Thanks for any help with this !

=> Did you make sure that your ethernet connection works (pinging, copying files)?

=> Could it be that thereĀ“s is some firewall in the way, or maybe an anti-virus program with restrictive settings. 

=> Applications like "Little Snitch" can also get in the way here....

Best, 

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Thanks for trying to help - I have no idea how to enable the Ethernet on my PC to work. It doesn't even show up in the Windows Network control panel ; only the Wi-Fi card shows up. The LAN and / or Ethernet is not even showing as available, although I have two of the ports on my new motherboard ( Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H ).

Pinging ? I have no clue how to do that. "Little Snitch" ?  You're speaking Greek to me, I'm afraid...  No anti-virus programs installed - it's a pure Windows 7 Ultimate install with no bloatware / adware. Custom-built machine.

Was able to File Share from the the PC to the Mac, but only via Wi-FI.

This whole thing certainly seems more difficult to setup than it's supposed to be.

Frustrated,

John.

• VE Pro will not work over Wifi. To me, it appears you simply haven't installed the network card drivers. Please contact the support for your computer system, if you are having system related issues.

• Good call on the network card driver ; something I took for granted with my Mac wasn't present in my new PC slave build. Once I downloaded the ethernet controller driver from the Intel website and installed it, the PC finally had a Local Area Network and VE Pro 5 finally works now.

Thank you again for all of your help - I really appreciate it !

• last edited
    last edited

@Simon Ravn said:

I am trying to figure out what makes connecting slow and what doesn't.... I am on a Mac Pro with Logic, and I have once slave connected using DHCP with a fixed IP. It seems that connecting/disconnecting to instances of VEP that have many plugins, as well as whether it is a slave or a local connection.

read the tutorial I made :

http://cyrilblanc.fr/site_principal/slave_mac.html

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • Cyril thanks, but it makes no difference (and besides, I am using two Windows slaves, no Mac). Even local connections have become much slower compared to VEP4.

• 1) Great to hear about the "double loading" being fixed!

2) What about the hanging on first load issue? I have had this since the last 2 or three builds. VEP server will just hang on loading the first instance and I have to kill it off and reload to make it start up. This happens on both Windows 7 and OS X.

3) What about the slow connection issue - is that just something we have to live with since VEP5, or will it be improved? I didn't see any improvement in that regard with the current build unfortunately.

Cheers.