Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,878 users have contributed to 42,261 threads and 254,944 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 0 new thread(s), 10 new post(s) and 35 new user(s).

• VE Pro loads Dimension Strings patches empty (with no samples) and legato does not work?!

Hey all,

not sure what I am doing wrong. I upgrade my VE to 5 Pro and also Instruments to 2 Pro when I purchased Dimension Strings.

Now when I set up everything and load PRESET or MATRIX files inside VE Pro, all cells are greyed out and I have to double click them to activate!
    Then I realized that the legato doesn't work at all, since I hear the overlapping notes. What am I doing wrong? I run the Directory Manager and all that, but it doesn't work! Can anyone help me here?

Alex

• Have you read the manual? AFAIK there is a feature (that can be disabled in VIP Prefs) that only loads patches on receiving MIDI. I also would imagine that you have polyphonic legato switched on.

DG

• Hi Alex! 

The later version of VI Pro allows for "disabeling" cells, and thus freeing up ram. I usually do not load presets or matrices so I haven't experienced this feature, but if you press the "cog" icon next to VI Pro's version number (In the upper right corner), you get access to VI Pro's settings. Here you can check "Force Enabled Cells" which will load all samples in a matrix or a preset.

VI Pro also allows for polyphonic legato playing, so now by default the player is set to "Polyphonic mode". You can set the legato mode both globaly or per patch or matrix. For global monophonic legato, press the "Option" tab, and select "Mono" under "Interval mode". If you want to keep certain patches mono/poly, press the "Advanced" tab in the patch view and and set "Interval" mode to either follow global setting, monophonic or polyphonic.

Hope this helps!

-tom 

• Ahh, thank you guys! Yes, I found the polyphonic option and thanks on the freeing up RAM feature.

I kinda knew that it is more of features than bugs *lol* To be honest it just have been too long since I used the VSL instruments that extensive - especially with all the new features!