Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,407 users have contributed to 42,225 threads and 254,784 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 16 new post(s) and 46 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

Hi everybody,

An updated version of VI PRO which fixes the Reverb On/Off bug in VI PRO Remote App as well as a transposition crash is now available in your User Area.

Enjoy!

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hello, Paul.

Is it necessary to reinstall the VI Pro remote app each time VI Pro is updated?

Thanks.

• No, it's not necessary as long as the IP address of the computer is the same. The app is basically a web page, and the installed icon is a bookmark.

Thanks,

George.

• last edited
    last edited

Hi everybody,

We have also just uploaded a new short video about the VI PRO Remote App!

Enjoy!

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • HI.

Love the app. thank you

How do keep the app open and not go to sleep if I dont touch the ipad. Is there a power setting ?

• This is an iPad-wide setting. Please change this in the global iPad power settings.

Thanks,

George.

• iPad or Android? Anybody using an Android tablet around here? Just wondering if features are equal or if there should be any major point for one or the other... Thanks !

• Features are equal, however iPad is slightly better supported. For iPad there are ways to install the web application on the home screen and open it full-screen. Android will require installing a separate browser, and also the browser controls and status bars will be always visible, taking the screen space.

Also to work comfortably a rather fast Android tablet will be required (such as the recent Samsung Galaxy). It will also work on cheap Chinese tablets, but will not be as responsive.

Thanks,

George.

• Hi George, thank you for the info. I was thinking about Galaxy BTW. So, no Windows F11 full screen feature on Android I guess ?

Best,

Alain

• I didn't find that mode yet. iPad has a special mode for web applications, where the full screen mode is pretty much enforced.

Thanks,

George.

• So I started using this today for the first time.  Was pretty easy to get up and running and no real problems that I can see however, there is one piece of functionality I don't seem to get.  How do I get it to record my patch changes in real time?  I want to hit record on the DAW track and then push the patch I want and have it write it.  Is this how it works or how do I do this properly?

Thanks,

Maestro2be

• There is additional MIDI port on the system called 'Vienna Instruments MIDI'. All changes made inside the app will echo as MIDI messages through this port, provided that all axes are assigned proper MIDI controllers.

Thanks,

George.

• Are you saying that I need to setup a controller inside my DAW that uses the VI PRO Midi driver as a receive from?

• Yes, this is correct.

• Thanks, it's working perfectly now!  What an amazing feature!

Maestro2be

• The way to trigger a note to activate an instance would be appreciated in VE Pro itself, to bring an instrument to ther front! [I] (If the feature's not already there, and I've missed it)

• I guess this is what you are looking for?

• Exactly, Martin - thanks! Keyboard shortcut assigned, too! [:)]

• Is it /will it be possible to set up an ad hoc to run VSL Remote?

I'm currently using one iPad to control my DAW (w/ad hoc) and would like the other for VSL Remote. The only way I can see right now is to buy another wirleless USB

Any suggestions?

Great App!!!

Cheers

• We never tested it with Ad-Hoc, so it depends on whether OS will handle it. Even if the app will work, I know that Ad-Hoc connections usually are very unstable by their nature.

Thanks,

George.