Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,620 users have contributed to 42,247 threads and 254,873 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 6 new thread(s), 21 new post(s) and 45 new user(s).

•  Great, now if I can just get them to contact me...[:(]

• Hopefully I will get a response.

• Still no help yet from East West- coming up on 3 weeks since I requested support.  I did reinstall my entire system twice- once with only the newest versions of Play and VEP and had exact same symptoms- hard system crashes and can't open my main template. 

Second reinstall I used old versions of Play 3.0.1 and VEP 5.0.1037 and I'm able to open my main template and play with it.  The problems happen once MIDI is recorded.  Eventually during stop/playback VEP crashes (Pro Tools stays open) and I get the same error message:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:                        BEX64

Application Name:                             Vienna Ensemble Pro x64.exe

Application Version:                           5.0.0.10370

Application Timestamp:                     4f73aaaf

Fault Module Name:                          play_VST_x64.dll

Fault Module Version:                        3.0.15.0

Fault Module Timestamp:                  4e14c416

Exception Offset:                                00000000001e2c3f

Exception Code:                                  c000000d

Exception Data:                                   0000000000000000

OS Version:                                          6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3

Locale ID:                                             1033

Additional Information 1:                  abb2

Additional Information 2:                  abb23192a1acf8bab854607d477229e8

Additional Information 3:                  a9a5

Additional Information 4:                  a9a558b451722e07c3b866480359f1f3

Files that help describe the problem:

C:\Users\Dave Escobar\AppData\Local\Temp\WER99B0.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

C:\Users\Dave Escobar\AppData\Local\Temp\WERD950.tmp.appcompat.txt

C:\Users\Dave Escobar\AppData\Local\Temp\WERD9DD.tmp.mdmp

• hey, I was having the same problem but using Cubase. I uninstalled MSE and went offline and the problem stopped but after adding Hollywood Brass to my Metaframe the other day the crashes are back with the same BEX error. I was in contact with VSL support ,they responded within hours but said it's a PLAY problem and offered to help EW solve it ,I eventually got in contact with someone at EW and they said they gave Karel at VSL's contact info to the developers and to figure it out,but last time I asked VSL they hadn;t heard from EW. It's a real drag. Maybe they're just not gonna deal with it and fix it with PLAY4 whenever that comes out.

• I will try to rattle some cages again :) As iI say, with Logic Pro it is no problem here.

• Yep the VSL people have been very helpful- at least 4 different people have contacted me trying to help.  I can't believe East West just completely ignores support requests.  Going on 3 weeks since the support request was filed and nobody at East West has even contacted me to attempt to help.  I keep bumping my thread in their support forum and even found more people with the same exact problem.  I don't have MSE installed (I reinstalled Windows) and staying offline does not avoid a crash here.

Also Jay, if you read my most recent posts, you'll see that merely opening the template is not enough.  You need to record and playback at least 4-6 tracks of midi playing along with audio.  Since I reinstalled my entire system, the crash always happens right after stopping playback.  If I never record midi, it won't crash.  As soon as MIDI is there with my template loaded, it will eventually crash within minutes.

• Dave, give me a little credit, Do you think I am not recording and playing MIDI parts, just opening the template and saying,"My isn't that pretty looking? "

Check out the piece called "Diabolique" on my webite, done with this template: http://www.jayasher.com/listen/

•  Jay I certainly didn't mean to be insulting, just being extra specific since after reinstall, I loaded my template and I played with it for 30 minutes jumping around patches and thought "IT WORKS!" It wasn't until a few hours later when I tried to lay down some tracks and realized I was still in trouble.  Helen from East West has replied to the thread in EW support so extra thanks for "rattling their cages"  =)

• I wasn't insulted, Dave, just joshing with you.

Extra specific is good, because it helps people diagnose issues.

• I've posted on EastWest forum in Dave's original thread that I'm having a similar problem with Cubase, Play and VE Pro -- but as far as I've tested it's happening after loading the marcato patches for Solo Trumpet in th 16th midi channel of a Play instance. Haven't gotten further with testing.

I'll send EW the crash info tomorrow.

Just wanted to let you guys know.

M.

• Hi all,

Thought I'd chime in - I'm experiencing problems having updated from Vienna Instrument v4.x.x to v5.3.xx (ie the latest), and since doing so have been unable to open past projects w/ Vienna Instruments and Play in the same project.

Thankfully, I was using Digital Performer w/ the instances of Vienna and Play in two separate chunks/V-Racks, so importing the Vienna V-Rack into a new project gets around the problem. As soon as I attempt to load the Play V-Rack into the new project, it all fails and crashes DP with it.

Similarly to others, this has only become a problem since updating Vienna from v4 to v5. Everything is as up to date as possible, OSX 10.6.8.

I am able to use Vienna and Play alongside eachother if I use Vienna Ensemble Pro. Keeping them in two separate projects wihin the same metaframe seems to keep the crashing at bay. For now at least.