Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,488 users have contributed to 42,233 threads and 254,815 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 6 new thread(s), 19 new post(s) and 49 new user(s).

• Issues with new VIs

I've just made the switch to the newest version of VI/VE (NOT the Pro versions) and opened an older project in Pro Tools 9, but I quickly ran into problems and had numerous crashes. The program usually ran for a few minutes before crashing when either loading a new instrument or sometimes simply trying to open an instance of VI. This projects uses only VI (about 20-25 of them) and was running perfectly with the older VI, which was supposed to be heavier on processing.

I haven't done much more testing yet and I downgraded back to the previous VI version. Anyone else faced similar problems with the new versions of VI/VE?

(Im working on MacBook Pro w/ OSX 10.8 and 16 GB of RAM)

Cheers!

• Could you send crash reports to  for us to look at? You can include a link to this forum thread for clarity. Thanks.

Note that OSX 10.8 is currently not yet officially supported. We're working on full support for the next round of updates. 

• last edited
    last edited

@Karel said:

[...]
    Note that OSX 10.8 is currently not yet officially supported. We're working on full support for the next round of updates. 

This could explain that... As I said, I've downgraded back to the old VI version in order not to lose too much time troubleshooting. If I get the chance, I'll reinstall the new VI and send you a crash log.

Thanks !