Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,353 users have contributed to 42,221 threads and 254,765 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 15 new post(s) and 58 new user(s).

• Problem with this update regarding Audio Input plugin and CPU performance. This is compared with previous build.

http://forum.vsl.co.at/forums/t/32694.aspx

• Can I get this straight:

With this version can I no longer run origihnal VI instances? Would a project containing VI (original) instances now NOT load?

Thanks

• last edited
    last edited

@benbartlett said:

With this version can I no longer run origihnal VI instances? Would a project containing VI (original) instances now NOT load?

You can load projects containing VI4 instances just fine, but they will be converted to VI5 instruments upon load.

• last edited
    last edited

@calculus said:

Problem with this update regarding Audio Input plugin and CPU performance. This is compared with previous build.

Please try to update your graphic card drivers, this has helped in similar cases.

• last edited
    last edited

@BeatlesForever said:

wait a moment I moved from build 106xx to 109xx, skipping the 10738, so I now presume the improvements were in this one...can you confirm?

10738 is still the OLD Vienna Instruments (v4.1), while version 5.2 (build 109xx) is an entirely new engine based on Vienna Instruments Pro, providing several performance improvements. 

• Martin, I'm talking about VEPRO 5 performace, not vipro, so how VEPRO 5 performs with kontakt 5 and other VIs, like Omnisphere, as I don't own or use vipro....

...it seems to me that from VEPRO 5 build 109xx (or from the one just before it, so the 107xx) everything  performs incredibly better than in VEPRO 5 build 106xx...just like to know if indeed there has been this improvement from 107xx, because I was still with 106xx, but when I installed the 109xx, I noticed this...you told me 109xx performs the same as previous version, but MY previous version installed was build 106xx, not the 107xx...so I'm sure there's has been someway an improvement in 107xx Vienna Ensemble Pro 5..dunno about vipro...

thanks anyway!

• (To BeatlesForever)

What are your system specs?

• Sorry Martin was away all day long..

my specs are:

- mac pro 12 cores @2.93 GHz

- 96 Gb ram (template about 80 Gb)

- 1 x 1,5 Tb WD Black sata, 90 % empty (Snow Leo 10.6.8, Pro Tools 9.03 + CPTK2, Kontakt 5.0.2 and some VIs)

- 1 x 1 Tb WD Black sata (Audio sessions)

- 2 x 1 Tb WD Black sata, both 60% empty (Samples 1 & 2)

- 2 x 1 Tb Lacie D2 Quadra fw800, both 70% empty (Samples 3 & 4)

- RMI Fireface 800 sound card

• I wanna add that VSL and its engineers & staff are in my opinion the most relevant phenomena ever happened in digital audio since ever...

...if it wasn't for you, all 32 bit PT users at this moment would be in great pain, because of the limits of the daw...

..instead, because of you, and this outstanding, topless software vepro5 is, we can still benefit of Pro Tools, which is the best audio software made, NOT for the quality ( all daw are good the same ), but for the easiness of how it works !

So, let me say THANK YOU Vienna !

• last edited
    last edited

@calculus said:

Problem with this update regarding Audio Input plugin and CPU performance. This is compared with previous build.

Please try to update your graphic card drivers, this has helped in similar cases.

Hi Martin

Nvidia graphics updated to latest. Win7_64bit Sp1 is also up to date.RME fireface drivers are latest.

There is definitely something that has changed between the builds ViennaEnsemblePro-WIN-5.0.10738.exe and ViennaEnsemblePro-WIN-5.1.10988.exe. Again I tried same project and track templates in previous build and then latest build and there is unstable CPU usage in latest build. Admittedly the Master PC with Q6700 is at its limits (and wont be replaced till its replacement cycle due in November/December), despite this it is solid dedicated DAW, reliable and stable day in and out.

The update is running on i7 slave (VSL ensemble-5.1.10988) while the master is back to 5.0.10738. They seem to be working fine together.

Thanks for looking into this,