Edit: I updated the Sound Sets for the Chamber, Orchestral and Appassionata Strings to include some Sound IDs that were missing.
I'm not sure if anyone will find these useful, but I thought I'd share some Sibelius sound sets and presets I made as modifications of the existing ones for VSL Strings, Woodwinds, and Brass. Most importantly, I wanted to make it possible to use technique text to access the various dynamic patches, which are some of the best patches for adding realism in my view. Everything works exactly the same as in the original versions, with the following modifications:
- Four new matrices, the content of which is fully accessible by Technique Text in Sibelius (no key switches or controller text required)
- Dynamics: All dynamic patches can be accessed with syntax corresponding to the names of the patches. For example, the "VI_dyn-me_Vib_3s" patch for the solo violin can be triggered by adding the Technique Text "me vib 3", or the TrC_pfp_noVib_8s" patch for the trumpet can be triggered by adding the Technique Text "pfp novib 8". Also, adding "sfz" or "fp" in front of this text triggers combinations of the sfz/fp patches with the dynamic patches. For most instruments, these matrices only add a few MB to the total amount of memory used, and even for instruments with long lists of dynamics, the increase is less than 150 MB, which is large but not prohibitive.
- Fast Repetitions: The fast repetition patches can be accessed with Technique Text such as "fast rep 170", or "fast rep 140 dyn" (for the dynamic versions of the repetition patches.
- Grace Notes: All grace note patches can be triggered with text such as "grace 1" for minor 2nd grace notes, "grace 4" for major 3rd grace notes, etc.
- Custom Cells: Twenty-four custom cells have been added and can be triggered with the text "custom 1", ..., "custom 24".
- Uniform controller mappings and levels (adjusted to match those of the string presets)
- A/B switches can be triggered with the Technique Text "A0" or "B0".
- Velocity X-fade activated by default for all applicable presets
- All cells disabled by default
The modifications affect the extended versions of the following collections and instruments:*
Solo Strings I
Chamber Strings I
Appassionata Strings I
* Instruments not on this list can be used normally but without the new content, and empty matrices have been prepared for these instruments, so you can simply add your own patches to make them functional.
** For Dimension Brass, only the VI Pro versions of the presets for the individual instruments have been modified.
If you would find these useful, you may download the presets and sound sets here. Just follow the detailed instructions provided.