Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

184,810 users have contributed to 42,370 threads and 255,388 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 20 new post(s) and 59 new user(s).

• I don't know about your midi pan/volume, etc... issues ...I have never seen that.

I can definitely tell you that this never happend in VE PRO, but like I said before that could have been pre-Kontakt 5.  I really wish Vienna would look into this as I struggle with this EVERY SINGLE DAY.

You are the first person to post that has the exact same problem as I do.  I know several others that have the problem b ut do not post in this forum.  If others have this problem I would love to knopw as it would help to get Vienna to look into it.

• A couple more observations.....

I have 6 slave machines.  2 of them do not have any Kontakt's and they have never crashed or froze up. 2 of them have a lot of Kontakt 5's and freeze about once a day.  1 of them has a few Kontakt 5's, lots of Kontakt 4's and freezes about once a week.  1 of them has maybe 1 or 2 Kontakt 5's, lots of Kontakt 4's and freezes every now and again.

It seems obvious that the more Kontakt 5's on the machine inside VE PRO 5 the more frequent the crashes.  The crash once again is no audio or midi  coming from that Vienna project.  The transport play button still functions but nothing else.  If I try and turn the project off Ve pro goes all white and locks up.

I believe Cubase is part of the equation as I am not sure I have seen anyone have this problem that does not use Cubase.

This has been a problem for over 2 YEARS......I wish Vienna would chime in and take this serious and try to solve this. Telling us to contact Native Instruments does not seem to be a solution....Vienna needs to figure out what is going wrong.

• 2 years same problem here i want to downgrade to Ve Pro 4 is this possible ? how do i do this? otherwise will need to stop using ve pro at all. this is impossible to work with such a faulty application :(

• Teh fact that you are having a problem with it on your specific rig does NOT make it "a faulty application", it just means for some reason or combination of reasons there is a problem on your specific rig.

i use it daily on my Mac AND my PC with no problems.

• I just wanted to chime back in on my VE PRO "freezing" problems.  To recap I would "sleep" all my slave machines rather than shut them down every night.  I have 5 slaves at this point.  2 of them do not run Kontakt and never freeze.  The other three would freeze with in hours once the first one exhibited the problem.  All needing a restart and reload.

By chance I read something interesting in a Kontakt scripting forum that lead me to believe that certain scripts are always counting the amount of time running, but it sounded like there was a maximum amount that Kontakt could keep track of in the scripts before it reached its maximum.  I suspect certain scripts running after a period of time hit this maximum and cause VE PRO to freeze.  I since have thrown in the towel so to speak on sleeping these machines and restart and reload everyday.  It has been a couple of months and not one single problem with VE PRO freezing anymore.  For me I concluded this is a Kontakt limitation not a VE PRO issue for what I was seeing.