Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,511 users have contributed to 42,234 threads and 254,830 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 22 new post(s) and 42 new user(s).

• VEP5 Problem ... at Night ?

Hello,

I have a weird problem with VEP5. In fact, I don't know if it's my computer but the're no trouble all days long but at night,

it can reach 97% without doing anything. Of course, I can't play my project (pops, cracks...) so I have to close my template

and load it again.

I use the standalone version on a slave computer. I thought it could be a third party software (update, firewall, antivirus) but

it seems to have nothing special... strange...

I'm pretty sure i'm the only one but who know ! [:^)]

•  It does sound like some kind of scheduled application kicking in at a certain time.  It could be defragmenting the drives or doing a drive scan, or just looking for updates at that time.

It is also possible, that after a hard day of processing,  the computer is hotter at night, and is just shutting down processing power to cool down (the microprocessor is designed to do this).

But then again,  perhaps the orchestra are just tired when night falls.......

• last edited
    last edited

@andyjh said:

But then again,  perhaps the orchestra are just tired when night falls.......

Nice one 😊

I found a task was scheduled each day at 10:30 PM. Maybe it was the problem !