Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

185,255 users have contributed to 42,390 threads and 255,473 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 21 new post(s) and 44 new user(s).

  • VEP Pro 5 network issue between Snow Leopard and Lion

    Hi,

    I'm afraid to be back to this kind of problem when different OSX won't work together properly...

    Here is the problem I have :

    On my main computer (Mac Pro Nehalem 2x2,26Ghz Quad core Intel Xeo- with 32 Go Ram and several external HD, runnig MAC OSX 10.6.8), I have Nuendo using VEP pro 5 (latest version) and I connect some of VEPro instances with my I-Mac (2,66 Ghz Intel Core 2 duo with 8Go RAM and external Drive also, Running MAC OSX Lion 10.7.3) using the latest version of VEP pro 5, and my network is a Trendnet Switch 1000BaseT with all computer connected with categories 6 ethernet cables.

    Plus I have to precise that all this set up use to work perfectly for the last 3 years untill I switched the I-Mac to Lion...

    So now I get clicks and pop or more precisely a cut sound like if the network wasn't working properly.

    So my question is : could you try this setup and tell me if Snow Leopard and Lion are able to work properly on the same network for the use of VEPpro 5 or not ?

    Thanks you

    Stephane


  • I have my Macpro 8 core as master with 10.6 and my slave Macpro 12 core with 10.7 --->>>> no problem

    Even my 97 VI template is working using Event input

    How did you set the network ?

    Have a look to this :

    http://www.cyrilblanc.fr/site_principal/slave_mac.html 


    MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" - 1 x 27" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D Dolby Atmos --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • Thank  you Cyril for the answer.

    Strangely enought since this morning I'm doing extensive testing all around my system because everything seems to work fine again !!!

    I did restart all my computer yesterday after installing everithing (VSL updates etc...) but it didn't make any difference...and now well it's working.

    So I'll keep testing and will report here if I find any further answer to this but so far we can consider this solved.