Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,089 users have contributed to 42,706 threads and 256,980 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 40 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• VE Pro 5 fails validation - HELP!!

I just upgraded my system to Lion (10.7.3) and I get 2 errors in Logic's AU Validation:

Vienna Ensemble Pro - failed validation

Vienna Ensemble Pro Surround - couldn't be opened

I'm using Logic 9.1.7 in 32-bit mode and everything was fine like that in OS 10.6.8

VE Pro Server 64-bit does open. The plugin obviously won't open in Logic right now.

For the record, the AU Val log shows this:

FORMAT TESTS:

Reported Channel Capabilities (explicit):

[0, 2]  [0, 3]  [0, 4]  [0, 5]  [0, 6]  [0, 7]  [0, 8]  

No Input, Output Chans:

0-1   0-2   0-4   0-5   0-6   0-7   0-8

X     X     X     X     X     X     

ERROR: -10868 IN CALL Cannot Initialize Unit to valid num channels:InputChan:0, OutputChan:5

ERROR: -10868 IN CALL Cannot Initialize Unit to valid num channels:InputChan:0, OutputChan:6

ERROR: -10868 IN CALL Cannot Initialize Unit to valid num channels:InputChan:0, OutputChan:7

ERROR: -10868 IN CALL Cannot Initialize Unit to valid num channels:InputChan:0, OutputChan:8

ERROR: Cannot verify Audio Channel Layouts as Format handling has problems

* * FAIL

--------------------------------------------------

AU VALIDATION FAILED: CORRECT THE ERRORS ABOVE.

I also just tried opening Logic in 64-bit mode.

Both plugins still don't work....

I have version 5.0.10370 of all VE Pro software.

• Hi musos, 

Just in case you migrated with all programs.... The best idea is to install a new OS from scratch, second best is to install the most essential programs again. 

Hope that helps!

Best, 

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Thanks for the reply Paul.

I did an upgrade to Lion as I couldn't bear the thought of days of re-installing everything I own.

The fact is that the upgrade to Lion was amazing and efficient. All my plugins work in Logic - except for the 2 VSL plugins I mentioned above.

I did uninstall VE Pro and re-install, and also re-did the Logic 9.1.7 installer. Still no success.

Surely there's something else that can fix this, apart from a clean system install? Why should VE Pro 5 be the only failure?

What do the error messages mean?

• This is an issue with the VE Pro Server preferences. Make sure to set the audio outputs preference there to 8 or more and AU validation will work again.

• Ahh Karel . . . you are a lifesaver !! 

That's what I needed to know - all working now.

HUGE thanks.  [B]  [Y]