Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,762 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,922 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 13 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• Vienna Ensemble 4 - no longer PRO???

Uhm ... what did I miss? I updated my Vienna Ensemble Pro 4 on my Mac Pro to the latest version, all is still working as it should, VEP4 running as a server. Now today, I need to update a slave PC too, as the newest VEP4 build won't connect to the 8861 build on the PC - but now VEP4 has changed to "Vienna Instruments" - no PRO, and the server capabilities seem to have gone???? Is this to force us to update to V5 or what? Because I was probably going to eventually but right now there are none of the new features in V5 that I need. Did I miss something? Should V4 still be able to work as a server in the latest build on PC?

• last edited
    last edited

Hi Simon,

Please install the latest VI PRO version and it should work just fine. The new VE PRO 4/5 versions need VI PRO to be installed separately.

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hi Paul.

Thanks but that is what I did. When I installed latest VEP 4 build on the PC, it installed only the "non pro" version (there is no V4 "pro" to be found under my software anymore), and running the Pro version gave me the 8861 build - the "non pro" gave me the newest build, but no server capabilities.

EDIT: I am talking about ENSEMBLE - not the "instruments".

Cheers,

Simon

• last edited
    last edited

Hello Simon,

VE PRO 4 is available here. I assume that you have simply downloaded from the wrong section in your User Area.

Best,

Paul

• Paul - thanks a lot - that definitely works. However, there is no link to "VEP 4" when I go under Software - I only get VEP5 and VE (non pro) 4. I don't know if that is a global problem or just something with my account?

• last edited
    last edited

Hi Simon,

Are you really looking at "User Area" => "Software" => "Vienna Ensemble PRO 4"?

If you do, please send a screenshot of what you see to , so I can check.

I believe that you were looking at the PRODUCT section, where VE PRO 4 is indeed not available anymore.

Best,

Paul

• Screenshot sent.